Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I completely out of touch with my own body??

(6 Posts)
chaosisawayoflife Wed 29-Jun-11 10:52:55

I'm 38+ weeks with my 2nd. We didn't find out the gender. Everyone I speak to asks me what I think I'm having, whether I think baby will be early or late or on time etc. I keep having people say things like, 'oh, I just knew she was a girl' or 'I knew I'd be early' etc etc.
Should I have a 'feeling' about what gender I am carrying or when I will go into labour? I really have no idea and am fed up of people expecting me to guess, and telling me what they think I'm having and when I'm going to deliver.

ConfessionsOfAnAchingFanjo Wed 29-Jun-11 10:58:04

I'm 41+4 with my 2nd and I still have no idea of when I'll go into labour and I definately wouldn't put money on what gender the LO is.

The people who guessed right will admit to it, but the ones who guessed wrong are hardly likely to admit to that are they?

saoirse86 Wed 29-Jun-11 11:27:42

I thought I was having a boy and would be late. I had a girl who came on her due date. hmm

ConfessionsOfAnAchingFanjo Wed 29-Jun-11 11:57:18

(of course I'm happy to be proved wrong grin)

KaraJS Wed 29-Jun-11 12:24:50

I guessed right with boys 3 times, let's be honest tho you do have a 50/50 chance of getting it right! Last time my waters broke at 31 weeks, it came as a shock to me, I think sometimes you have a good idea 12 - 24 hours before labour starts that it's about to happen because of how shitty you start to feel but that might just be because my waters broke early the last two times so by the time labour started which was 4 days later the 1st time and 6 days the 2 nd time I was feeling pretty Ill!

ThatllDoPig Wed 29-Jun-11 12:30:37

No, you shouldn't necessarily be having a feeling about boy or girl at all! Who can tell! I think its really exciting not knowing for your first. It was one of the things that kept me going in labour, knowing that soon I would find out!
Good luck!
Chill out now and eat cake!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now