Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain but no bleeding/spotting

(9 Posts)
mummymccar Wed 29-Jun-11 09:45:34

For the last couple of days I've been feeling a little uncomfortable around my right ovary, and from last night when I touch that area or even just brush the skin there, it feels a little tender. I'm 5+5 and not having shooting or bad pains, it just feels a little tender. Not bleeding or spotting either. I've been trying to ring my midwife for the last hour but can't get through, and the receptionist at my GP surgery won't let me talk to a dr because I'm pregnant! Before I take myself off to A&E (obviously I'm worried about ectopic pg), I was just hoping for some reassurance that all is well. Dr google has nothing for me and this is my first PG
Thanks ladies
X

tiredteddy Wed 29-Jun-11 09:48:25

Poor you I would be worried too, it's natural. Keep trying your midwife before you go to hospital but if you can't get through then go after lunch maybe. Hopefully it's just one of those niggly pregnancy feelings and everything is ok. I hope it's all ok for you just try and stay calm, easier said than done of course xx

kri5ty Wed 29-Jun-11 09:54:49

Its not exactly the same, but i had very bad pains that kept me awake at night, and also made me pass out/ shake... I went to my docs and they said go to a&e in case it was ectopic

the reason i am mentioning it, is because my tummy was very tender on one side

The hospital put me under the early pregnancy unit and i had blood tests to make sure my hormone levels were doubling o, i had early scans (which was great as i got to see the little blob inside haha)

It turned out (they found on internal scan) that the pain was caused by a cyst that sometimes grows over the egg/ ovary to protext it developing, the pain was the cyst breaking away

I was around 5 or 6 weeks when this happened x

kri5ty Wed 29-Jun-11 09:56:29

the hospital were great too, to be honest i'd go straight there, don't feel silly, they get timewasters all the time... and you're not being one! And they keep a great eye on you, so you can feel re assured x

kri5ty Wed 29-Jun-11 10:00:56

i forgot to say i originally went to gp, who just told me to go home, take a preg test (as i didnt know i was preg at the time) and if it was positive go straight to a & e i had no bleeding either

Sorry for all the posts... baby brain taken over i keep forgetting what im saying!

jamama Wed 29-Jun-11 10:16:26

I think this is normal - rupture of the corpus luteum as kir5ty mentioned. I had this, the pain didn't feel bad enough to go to epu, but if it will put your mind at rest then many of them allow self-referral. Ectopic pregnancies are characterised by shoulder tip pain, referred from bleeding into the abdominal cavity. I did a lot of imagining that my shoulder was hurting for a week or two, but 22 weeks in all is well.

mummymccar Wed 29-Jun-11 10:26:42

Thank you ladies! As I still can't get hold of midwife(2 and a half hours of trying isn't good!) then I'm going to try my GP again this afternoon when they open for appointments again and not tell them I'm pregnant, if I still can't see someone then I'll go to a&e. I'm sure that it's all perfectly normal and fine but I just wanted reassurance - thank you for not making me feel like an idiot!
I'll let you know how I get on
Xxx

mummymccar Wed 29-Jun-11 20:57:52

Update: Saw GP who was very reassuring. Told me I'd done the right thing by seeing him (thank you ladies!). He thinks it may be an infection as I had a high white blood cell count. He thinks it is unlikely to be a cyst or eptopic pregnancy but said it could be the early stages of appendicitis (fingers crossed not!!). He said it is probably just a strained muscle though and should go down within the next two days. I have to keep an eye on it over the next two days and if it gets worse I have to see him again urgently or go to A&E. He was very impressed with all of you ladies by the way and said that you all obviously know what you are talking about!
Thanks for reasurring and calming this paranoid first time mum-to-be!
x

tiredteddy Thu 30-Jun-11 07:58:16

Glad it is all ok smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now