Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cold last week, persistent cough this week...should I be more concerened?

(3 Posts)
Oeisha Tue 28-Jun-11 21:18:30

Just a bit fed up. 9-10wks in. Horrid cold last week - mostly a very sore throat and stuffiness and heacaches and snot, a lot of snot. Much tiredness led to much vommiting.
Throat is no longer sore, but I'm still croakey and coughing. Day 9 now.
I'm very good at supressing coughing as it drives me to distraction. But frustratingly the coughing isn't really 'doing' anything other than making me cross.
At what point should I be hauling myself to the doctors?!

PrincessScrumpy Tue 28-Jun-11 22:16:29

when pg you're more open to bugs - I've had my first ever urine infections, Flu, a chest infection and severe sickness bug (that bought on contractions at 22w - they gave me anti sickness and put me on a drip). The cough and urine infection were at the same time so they gave antibiotics but it got me really down as I was weeing myself everytime I coughed. Even after dd's birth my control was better. I'm under consultant care as I'm having twins so she signed me off for a week as I was really struggling.

You can try honey for the throat / cough but if it's getting you down go to your gp. Most of all, try to rest. It will get better. x

Oeisha Tue 28-Jun-11 22:37:46

Thank you! I'll book an appoitment with GP, but mainly for other reasons (thrush!)
I'm having manuka suckers whenever I can, which help a bit, but am really not enjoying 'sweet' things at the moment (getting a tad nauserous with them).
I know I'm tired/run-down as I also have another attack of thrush at the moment. 6 flamin times in 9/10 weeks...getting silly. Midwife's not concered, but may go to GP for a pessary (might as well take advantage of free scripts whilst I can!).
Still flaming irritating. I'm resting as much as I can without giving up work (who are being ace). Only work 26h a week, but am totally exhausted pretty much all the time...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now