Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dogs and their treatments

(3 Posts)
Going2bamum Tue 28-Jun-11 20:49:27

I might be worrying for nothing but just wondered if any dog owners could reassure me! Went away for the weekend and asked my Hubby to put a tick and flea treatment on our dog ( advantix). He did that on Saturday but it hAs left a sticky feeling in his hair and when I stroked him Tonight I felt it on my hand. Do u think it can harm my pregnancy?

Thanks guys I'm a worrier!!

Crosshair Tue 28-Jun-11 20:51:15

As long as its not in your mouth and you wash your hands. (What my vets says)

Rootatoot Tue 28-Jun-11 20:56:50

I wouldn't worry too much. I didn't apply frontline to my dog - made hubby do it. I would just wash your hands after touching him for a bit but it's been a few days. Give the vet a bell perhaps if you are really worried? I got bitten by a flea for first time in years, early on in PG, so i was more worried about bites than the treatment to be honest.

I would think that these things aren't good to be in contact with but i think you'd have to have pretty prolonged contact with the stuff to have an affect on baby. Just my thoughts, I'm no expert but as i say, could ring the vet or ask on the dog forum maybe? Bound to be some pregnant/ex-pregnant doggy people on there who know more than me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now