Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI alert, sorry! Leaking boobies at 23 weeks - reassurance needed!

(6 Posts)
natwebb79 Tue 28-Jun-11 19:27:05

I'm 23 weeks today and a few minutes ago got an ich in the booby area. As I'm on my own (and have no shame smile) I reached into my bra for a scratch. I felt a damp sticky feeling on my finger and thought I'd made myself bleed but, when I looked, a clear sticky substance was coming out of my nipple. Out of curiosity I gave the other one a squeeze and the same happened. I'm not sore or itchy (the itch I had was because I had a loose thread tickling). Is this normal??

natwebb79 Tue 28-Jun-11 19:27:23

itch, not ich!

lolajane2009 Tue 28-Jun-11 19:29:24

i've had it since about the same time tbh... still got it at 28weeks + 4. seems normal tbh.

natwebb79 Tue 28-Jun-11 19:49:35

Thanks! I just never expected it to be clear - thought I;d read up on this old pregnancy lark but must have missed that one smile

AmberLeaf Tue 28-Jun-11 19:53:46

Totally normal dont worry!

NorthLondonDoulas Tue 28-Jun-11 23:57:36

Absolutly normal.... its the colostrum (the first milk your baby will receive if you breast feed) Some people dont realise its there until they have their baby and others can leak as early as 16weeks pregnant. We are all different but be assured its totally fine and infact a good thing as your body is preparing nicely for your little bundle of joy.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now