Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

17 weeks with DC2, tiny flutterings last week have totally disappeared- worried!

(10 Posts)
happytree Tue 28-Jun-11 18:26:37

At about 15 and 16 weeks I was feeling flutterings, only very faint but I haven't felt anything thhis week. I don't feel pregnant! DH has just moved 230miles away for work leaving me with DC1 and a house to keep imaculate to sell (viewings down to me!) so I'm not sure if its the stress that's throwing me and all I want to do is curl up in a ball with DS and feel bump move!
Any advice?

starkadder Tue 28-Jun-11 18:34:18

I had that too and was terrified but it's just because they're so teeny tiny at that stage that if they just move round the other way, you can't feel them any more. Don't worry smile Completely normal.

CBear6 Tue 28-Jun-11 18:58:49

It's perfectly normal at this stage because baby is still so small but if you're at all worried why not give your midwife a call? She'll be able to reassure you smile

banana87 Tue 28-Jun-11 19:44:51

Do you have a doppler? I am 19 weeks now and still not getting regular flutters, so I check the hb with the doppler. I too have had many not feeling pregnant days but (so far) everything is fine smile I defo recommend getting a doppler (look at Ana Wiz).

summerfruitsalad Tue 28-Jun-11 19:54:00

When I first felt flutters it was all quite regular then I really stopped feeling as many, rekon DS had moved and flipped or something. It's still very early so try not to worry but if it persists call the mw for reassurance smile

AppleyEverAfter Tue 28-Jun-11 19:59:04

I had a day or two of losing the fluttering feeling, at around this time. I panicked and hired a doppler, which was a bit hit and miss but made me feel better when I heard the heartbeat. Sent it back after a month as I didn't want to become too obsessive about it! All fine at 27 weeks.

muzzy2011 Tue 28-Jun-11 21:27:09

I have posted this exact same concern before. I started feeling the baby at 16 weeks and then went for about 2 weeks with nothing. It really stressed me out but have started feeling baby again recently. My midwife told me it's perfectly normal to go a week or so without feeling anything at this stage so really don't worry.

happytree Tue 28-Jun-11 21:30:18

thank you for all your posts. I'm sure I'm over reacting - being on my own = too much thinking time!

choc44 Thu 30-Jun-11 11:33:13

I'd totally recommend the Angel Sounds heart monitor, kept me very sane just to hear that racing heart beat for a few seconds every morning and night. I was terrified something would go wrong again and just knowing it was still in there beating away was wonderful. I know they say don't then panic if you CAN'T find the beat one day, but I always managed to find it and it made a big difference for me. HTH.

ledkr Thu 30-Jun-11 11:42:41

this exact thing happened to me,felt early flutters and it was my 5th so i knew what it was,about 17 wks the feelings stopped and she was never a big mover,i too found the angel sounds a godsend.I put it down to having an anterior placenta.She is a healthy 22 wks old today.
I have an angle sounds monitor for sale if you like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now