Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Were all of your pregnancies similar or identical in symptoms?

(14 Posts)
faintpositive Tue 28-Jun-11 14:57:38

Sickness, sore boobs etc, OR were they completely different each time?

Im curious.

nunnie Tue 28-Jun-11 15:01:42

I have had similar but not identical symptoms with all three of mine.

latrucha Tue 28-Jun-11 15:06:13

With my first I had hyperemesis all the way through, getting to the point of being able to leave the house by 29 weeks.

With my second I was just sick all the way though.

Really, I'm just getting on this thread to assess how mad I am to want a third.

sillysow Tue 28-Jun-11 15:46:38

In many ways completely different in terms of feelings but did have GD and anaemia with both sad

Youremindmeofthebean Tue 28-Jun-11 16:38:04

I had no ms with first baby, didn't get heartburn til 3rd trimester, no sore boobs.
With this one I'm only 13 weeks, have heartburn, constant nausea, sore boobs, headaches and what appears to be PGP. And I've put on 9 bloody pounds already.

<not complaining, honestly>

banana87 Tue 28-Jun-11 17:54:40

I had quite bad ms with DD, had ms this time round but not nearly as bad. My hair went flat with DD and hasn't so far with this one. Boobs and sleepiness are the same. I have headaches with this one and didn't with DD.

babycarmen Tue 28-Jun-11 18:10:36

i had no symptoms with DD and now (8 weeks) im so ill with nausea and sore boobs im finding it really hard.

Had really low blood pressure with both

Squiglettsmummy2bx Tue 28-Jun-11 18:26:21

DD I felt sick a lot but was rarely sick, spotty & hair fell out, then DS bit of ms & very hairy this time feel sick 24/7 & Omg my boobs hurt already @ 7 wks. More tired this time but maybe coz I hav 5 & 8 yr olds 2 run round after?

Fresh01 Tue 28-Jun-11 18:49:13

Similarities and differences with each:

No 1 - occasional nausea in first 12 weeks, lots of burping episodes in first 12 weeks : $ , one episode of early pregnancy bleeding - Girl

No 2 - a bit of nausea in first 12 weeks, two episodes of early pregnancy bleeding - Girl

No 3 - nausea most of first 14 weeks, no early pregnancy bleeding, very bloated by 12 weeks such that people were asking was I expecting went by 14 weeks, severe headaches several times a week from 11-20 ish weeks - Boy

No 4 - currently near 15 weeks pregnant, nausea for 90% of waking hours only just passing now, have been sick a few times, very tired (could be related to 3 other kids aged 5 and under : ) ), no early pregnancy bleeding, no bloating and still wearing normal jeans, had a few headaches in last 2 weeks but not as many as with no. 3, very low blood pressure that has been causing me to feel dizzy and faint, having trouble going into a deep sleep at night so waking frequently - sex anyones guess : )

tigercametotea Tue 28-Jun-11 18:53:53

No 1 - bad morning sickness in 2nd through to 4th month.

No 2 - craving for hot spicy food. no morning sickness surprisingly.

No 3 - bad morning sickness in 2nd and 3rd month roundabouts.

performancegirl Tue 28-Jun-11 18:54:58

DS1- couldn't eat at all in the evenings due to nausea, DS2 felt sick all the time but eating was the only way to get through. Both times started to feel better at 10 weeks.
didn't suffer with constipation at all with either of them- had the exact opposite (several times a day!) right through to 36 weeks; very strange.

summerfruitsalad Tue 28-Jun-11 19:50:49

Mine couldn't be more different as it stands-

DS - Sore boobs straight away, ms started at 6 weeks, til 13, was sick if I had an early morning shower, walked too fast or brushed my teeth but could still eat all my normal food and felt fine by lunchtime. Exhaustion wasn't too bad until the end. Started showing about 12 weeks! Also put on 5 stone by the end blush

DC2 - No sore boobs, mild nausea, been sick twice and am 12+4, once was because the smell of DSs formula made me retch to the point of vom! Also have lost 9lbs cos I can eat about half what I normally eat then am totally full, I don't snack cos just don't need it! Have had to have afternoon naps, been falling asleep at work I've been so tired. My nails are growing rather fast this time too!

RatRace2SchoolGate Tue 28-Jun-11 22:06:28

No 1 - felt v nauseous from ~7-13 weeks, absolutely exhausted, boobs tripled in size and quite tender by about 8 weeks. 2nd and 3rd trimester felt fine. DS 12 days overdue

No 2 - odd days of nausea and tiredness early on but generally felt fine, boobs normal until quite late on. DD born on due date

No 3 - 18 weeks now and exactly the same symptoms are No 1 - no idea about the sex, but everyone has their theories smile

stella1w Tue 28-Jun-11 22:19:59

similar amounts of nausea but much more tired with 2nd, more cramping, bleeding, more potential complications (big baby? GD?) more piles, discomfort and stress on the body, no boob stuff with 2nd..
have been very thrown by how different the two pgs are!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now