Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So paranoid about movement.....

(7 Posts)
Newmom2b Tue 28-Jun-11 14:18:41

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I am constantly worried about how much movement I am feeling, its driving me slightly crazy! Some days I feel movement 50+ times a day (I tally up at my desk) and sometimes like today I seem to hardly feel anything..... and then I spend the whole day worrying! Even today when I have felt some slight movement i start doubting myself... did I really feel something.... ahhhh is it going to be like this for the rest of my pregnancy!?!

Jemma1111 Tue 28-Jun-11 14:23:26

Try not to worry as believe me there will be no doubt in your mind that your baby is moving around in there as he/she gets bigger!

I used to worry at first about movements so I would sometimes drink a large glass of ice cold water if I was concerned I hadn't felt much, my baby was soon kicking like mad after this

kitkey Tue 28-Jun-11 14:27:02

Me too - just trying up get by day by day. 27 weeks today and still sometimes (last few days especially) very quiet in there then she suddenly wakes up!

silverangel Tue 28-Jun-11 14:32:20

Me too - I'm 26 +4 and still panic, some days they move more than others and some days I am sure I can feel one but not the other. It drives me insane. Am having scans every week at the moment and they are always both wriggling around like mad but I can't neccessarily feel it. Also, some times if I look at my belly I can see one of them moving but can't feel it.

frasersmummy Tue 28-Jun-11 14:37:41

Newmom listen to what your instincts tell you....

If you feel there is something wrong then you need to speak to your midwife

I know its early days for movements but I really cant stress enough you shouldnt be going from loads of movements to no movement . Thats not right.

It will most likely be fine .. but dont sit back and do nothing.

Have you seen all the latest posts re the count the kicks campaign

fuzzpig Tue 28-Jun-11 14:38:01

When my DD wouldn't move enough to complete the 20wk scan, the sonographer told me to go and drink/eat some sugary stuff. Shame it was 9am and I really wasn't in the mood for chocolate and lemonade, but still, it worked quite quickly. Did that again when we were on holiday and I hadn't felt her move and was worried.

But always, always go to the GP or hospital if you still don't feel anything and they'll do a quick heartbeat thingy.

ToriaPumpkin Tue 28-Jun-11 15:03:40

I've discovered mine has quiet days and active days, there's a rough pattern to it (three-four active days followed by a quiet one) so think that possibly she's just like us out here and needs time to recover occasionally! As the others have said though, sugary drinks, iced water and lying on my back always shift her if I'm getting particularly worried as I was doing exactly what you describe in your OP for about two weeks and driving myself mad.

If you really get concerned though, or are certain you haven't felt any movement for a while then go in. They'd rather see you there and there be nothing wrong than have you at home worrying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now