Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am 8+2 and all symptoms suddenly stopped - blighted ovum?

(14 Posts)
Millie26 Tue 28-Jun-11 13:44:34

I know I should take the advice I dish out and just calm down but I have gone from puking and feeling so tired I can't move to waking up this morning feeling...well, pretty perky to be honest.

Boobs aren't really sore at all, I dont feel sick. I've got loads more energy. I'm still off tea which for me is major, but now just feel so worried that it's all just stopped sad

I was sick constantly for the first trimester with DD1. Once there is a heartbeat can you get blighted ovum?

I've booked a private scan for tomorrow evening at 5.45 as I'm suddenly so convinced it's all gone wrong.

Has this happened to anyone else and it's been ok? Or is it not looking good?

Millie26 Tue 28-Jun-11 13:50:30

I've just read this, does anyone know if this is true?

"Its totally normal for your symptoms to fade around the 7-8 week gestation mark as around 7 weeks, something called the corpus luteum, which has been feeding your baby initially, is no longer needed. HCG is raised at first to keep your other hormones high, to maintain the pregnancy. The placenta then starts to take over (usually fully functional around 12-14 weeks)and so HCG levels drop, resulting in reduced symptoms".

Crosshair Tue 28-Jun-11 14:30:38

Im not sure if its true or not, but have read alot of posts were symptoms have gone and returned weeks later worse than ever.

Goodluck with your scan tomorrow!

silverangel Tue 28-Jun-11 14:37:08

Millie, a blighted ovum is not possible after seeing a heartbeat - its where the pregnancy never develops. A missed miscarriage would be possible, where the pregnancy develops to a point and then stops but the body doesnt expel the pregnancy.

This is definitley not neccessarily the case and symptoms come and go, I remember constantly poking my boobs in the early days to try and figure out if they were still sore. Probably the only reason they were sore was from me poking themsmile

Best of luck for the scan.

faintpositive Tue 28-Jun-11 14:54:11

Blighted ovum is a completely empty sac, no baby, no fetal pole nothing.
So completely different thing entirely.

puzzletree Tue 28-Jun-11 14:55:42

Millie, I'm feeling the same way. Haven't felt as bad this pregnancy compared to previous ones and now at 8+6 I feel even less pregnant and am getting a bit anxious. Have a midwife appt in a couple of weeks so am hoping I can hold out until then.
Really hope all goes well at your scan tomorrow, good luck and let us know how you get on x

Millie26 Tue 28-Jun-11 15:01:39

Thanks everyone. I got the blighted ovum thing from another post. Apologies if this is completely different, I didn't mean to be insensitive to anyone.

puzzletree are you on the Feb Bus thread too? These first few weeks are really up and down aren't they.

I actually just scanned all my old posts from my last pregnancy and found one where I said that all my symptoms stopped at 8weeks and I was panicking then too so I obviously have wrong memories from this time.

I will post tomorrow and let you know what the scan says.

Thanks again xx

puzzletree Tue 28-Jun-11 15:04:50

Millie yes I'm on the feb bus too, hope we both continue to stay there. x

Millie26 Wed 29-Jun-11 18:41:15

Just to let you know that I had my scan and everything was fine.

Have honestly decided to just calm down and enjoy not being too ill.

Thank you for all your comments.

xxx

Squiglettsmummy2bx Wed 29-Jun-11 18:58:57

Posted the same this morn 'insane' as I am 7 weeks today & woke up not feeling sick which I have been feeling 24/7. I panicked bigtime but have been super tired all day & think I just need to give myself a break & realise that I'm going to feel different everyday. Scarey though, glad your scan went well, you've made me feel better xxx

puzzletree Wed 29-Jun-11 19:08:29

Excellent news Millie! I'm also feeling much calmer today, have got a major yacky taste in my mouth and feeling more spaced out again i.e not normal, got to be good right? xxx

Millie26 Wed 29-Jun-11 19:35:17

Definitely all good puzzletree! smile

Squiglett - I say enjoy feeling less sick and relax, which of course is easy for me to say when I've just had that scan but it only confirmed what I knew deeop down, that is so much more likely to all be ok than not - congratulations! smile

Squiglettsmummy2bx Wed 29-Jun-11 21:10:09

Thanx Millie, I know I will be stressy until I have baby in my arms, guess it just comes with the territory! x

kri5ty Thu 30-Jun-11 12:10:26

hey i know lots of people have commented, but htought i would too!

I only had slight nautious feeling between weeks 4-6, i had an early can at 8 weeks as suspected eptopic.

Then at week 9 everything stopped, i was never once sick, no sore boobs, nothing at all... i was so worried i nearly booked a private scan as icouldnt wait any longetr but i didnt have the money.

Along came my 12 week scan i was convinced i had mmc, but there was bump waving and kicking :-)

im now 16+2 and still great :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now