hi during my first pregnancy i suffered a dvt at 34 weeks my son was born at 37 weeks, this time round there has been talk of me being induced between 38 and 40 weeks im now 38 weeks and seeing my doctor on thursday i assume to book it is this standard practice if you have had a dvt directly related to you being pregnant?
i'm on dalteparin i think they are concerned about when i go into labour, if i have taken it for the day i might be at a higher risk of a blood transfusion, the problem they have is i actually have a clotting disorder which prevents my blood from clotting properly (they have no idea how i got a clot, apparently the doctors were mystified) so getting my clotting levels right is somewhat tricky i have blood tests every few weeks. I think they are wanting to induce me for that reason then they have a little more control lol. I don't really want an induction though i like the not knowing when you're going to go into labour but then on the other hand i don't want to die so if they recommend one it's probably in my best interest to take it. I'm terrified of getting another one. it's really scary, after the ultrasound on my leg i asked the midwife if i was going to be ok (i didn't realise the severity of a clot at that point) and you know you're in trouble when avoid a direct answer lol. When i initally went to a and e the doctor sent me home saying my leg was bruised, i went back 2 days later and saw a midwife who admitted me straight away, she couldn't believe the doctor had sent me home.
I was induced with DC2 and DC3 because of the DVT when pregnant with DC2 and I have to admit that it was not what I would have chosen, but as you say, it is more important to be safe for you and your child/ren.
How soon did they induce you? i wasn't induced with my first because he was 3 weeks early anyway and no ones given me an exact time frame this time round i'm 38 weeks and 3 days today. No it's not my "ideal" birth, but i'm a firm believer in there being no prizes for how you give birth, the only prize is a healthy mummy and healthy baby at the end of it so if they recommend an induction then i'm not going to argue with them, i can see the logic in it. I'm at the docs this aft so i'm hoping they will start by offereing a membrane sweep if that doesn't work then an induction will be on the cards at least i won't have to wait till 42 weeks tjhough, i don't think this one is going to be early like my first lol.