Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Going home outfit for August baby?

(10 Posts)
oinkyoink Tue 28-Jun-11 11:26:25

hi!
what should i plan to put my August born baby in to bring them home? surely it will be warmish then (if not sweltering) so i am confused!

Renaissance227 Tue 28-Jun-11 11:53:09

Why are you confused Oinkyoink?

MonkeeMummy Tue 28-Jun-11 11:54:33

Hey, I'm also expecting a baby in August. When my DD was born in Aug 04, it was v. warm but windy evening and the hospital advised 'layering' - vest (although I think this is OTT), sleepsuit with feet, cardy with hood and/or light cotton hat. Even if it's warm, babies find it difficult to maintain their body temperature, so that's what ours will be coming home in.

MonkeeMummy Tue 28-Jun-11 11:57:59

Sorry, that should have been came home from hospital on a v.warm but windy evening... we spent the day trying to escape from the swelteringly hot ward but weren't given our discharge papers until 6pm.

NotJustKangaskhan Tue 28-Jun-11 12:39:49

For my August baby, it was a nappy, sleep suit, light coverall jacket, and a hat (because on the days she was born, the midwives had told my husband off for not having a hat ready for her -- in the middle of a heat wave in August. We in a very warm room - We thought they were nuts, particularly as the light jacket had a hood for when we went out, but now my husband makes sure there are plenty of baby hats at hands near a birth).

jezebelle Tue 28-Jun-11 12:46:27

I would suggest hat, vest and sleepsuit, no matter how warm they will insist on a hat smile

babyonbord Tue 28-Jun-11 14:06:34

babies should wear one more layer than you thats the general rule

goodnightmoon Tue 28-Jun-11 14:55:56

yeah, watch out for the maternity police. we brought my son home on a 30 degree day in July, and were told off for getting ready to leave with him in a vest. We added a sleep suit but come on - he wasn't going to catch a chill! i don't think i even bought any hats.

snowchick1977 Tue 28-Jun-11 17:20:30

I've got a nappy, vest, babygro with feet and integral mittens, a hat and maybe a light cardi, although I think a blanket in the car seat will do as well. Got all this in a tiny separate bag in my case, so it's easier to find

oinkyoink Wed 29-Jun-11 14:27:45

cheers all... i was confused because i know thy need a hat and an extra layer but at the same time if it is really warm outside then can i avoid the littel cotton jacket/cardi? i guess i will bring one with me and see...

not long to go now!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now