Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Are these skin tags? And will they go away?

(5 Posts)
PrincessOfWails Tue 28-Jun-11 09:36:08

I've been googling. So, my neck has become a bit bumpy, but I thought skin tags were big things - mine are only a millimetre or two across. They look a bit like shaving rash (but obv I don't need to shave my neck - yet grin) or like someone's been at me with a pin.
I have a couple under my left arm as well.

Will they go away? I never had them before I was pg.

Rootatoot Tue 28-Jun-11 10:49:54

Hi princess...are they itchy at all? If so I'd get your neck checked out. I have developed a few tags but they're variable in size, some v small like yours, but not really in a cluster like that. Not sure if they go away again. Oddly, I had a couple before pg which were barely noticeable but they're now 'coloured in' with pigment and are more like moles now!

tea4tw0 Tue 28-Jun-11 11:39:40

I've also noticed lots of tiny skin tags developing on my neck during pregnancy - am hoping it's just a hormonal thing and going to go away on their own

FetchTheMaid Tue 28-Jun-11 11:45:38

I developed them too - and over my tummy.

I clipped them off when they were little/new- using my nails - disgusting I know - but it worked

I googled it at the time and info basically said it was very common and they would stay afterwards.

PrincessOfWails Tue 28-Jun-11 20:30:10

Oh, bit disappointed that they're staying - my neck feels a bit like sandpaper. They do seem to get brown tops but only when I scratch them hard enough.

Hm, will watch the situation! They're too small for the traditional removal methods, I think. Maybe they're some sort of spots or something? <hopeful>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now