Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Are these skin tags? And will they go away?

(5 Posts)
PrincessOfWails Tue 28-Jun-11 09:36:08

I've been googling. So, my neck has become a bit bumpy, but I thought skin tags were big things - mine are only a millimetre or two across. They look a bit like shaving rash (but obv I don't need to shave my neck - yet grin) or like someone's been at me with a pin.
I have a couple under my left arm as well.

Will they go away? I never had them before I was pg.

Rootatoot Tue 28-Jun-11 10:49:54

Hi princess...are they itchy at all? If so I'd get your neck checked out. I have developed a few tags but they're variable in size, some v small like yours, but not really in a cluster like that. Not sure if they go away again. Oddly, I had a couple before pg which were barely noticeable but they're now 'coloured in' with pigment and are more like moles now!

tea4tw0 Tue 28-Jun-11 11:39:40

I've also noticed lots of tiny skin tags developing on my neck during pregnancy - am hoping it's just a hormonal thing and going to go away on their own

FetchTheMaid Tue 28-Jun-11 11:45:38

I developed them too - and over my tummy.

I clipped them off when they were little/new- using my nails - disgusting I know - but it worked

I googled it at the time and info basically said it was very common and they would stay afterwards.

PrincessOfWails Tue 28-Jun-11 20:30:10

Oh, bit disappointed that they're staying - my neck feels a bit like sandpaper. They do seem to get brown tops but only when I scratch them hard enough.

Hm, will watch the situation! They're too small for the traditional removal methods, I think. Maybe they're some sort of spots or something? <hopeful>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: