Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

41 weeks pregnant and no sign of "milk"

(5 Posts)
stella1w Mon 27-Jun-11 22:13:07

I am starting to run overdue and am fretting as last time I was only three days late and then had had crampy feelings for ages beforehand. This time, nada.

Also, last time, I am sure that towards the end of pregnancy my boobs felt fuller and I leaked "milk" a bit (I know it's not milk, just colostrum). My point being it felt like my boobs were gearing up. This time nada..

So now I am worried that a. I won't produce milk after the birth and b. the fact that nothing is happening boob-wise is a sign that I am nowhere near ready to give birth.

Anybody who can enlighten me? (google search wasn't v helpful)

Thanks

CointreauVersial Mon 27-Jun-11 22:15:31

I only leaked with the first pregnancy, not on the other two. Maybe your body has things a little more under control on the second one, and knows not to produce too early....?

Don't fret, your little bundle will come out eventually!

TheOldestCat Mon 27-Jun-11 22:17:27

Felt the same as you with my second at around the 41 week stage, and didn't have the same 'full' feeling I had with DC1.

Made no difference - went from no cramps, no different feeling norkage wise (and with an 'unfavourable cervix') to having DS at 41+2.

As for milk, am still BF at 16 months so it worked for us.

(good luck with the impending arrival).

Notquitegrownup Mon 27-Jun-11 22:17:28

Don't worry about not producing milk. It's what they are for, and they will know what to do! I had magnificent boobs after ds1 was born - the upside of an awful first couple of weeks with him. I do remember being so disappointed when ds2 was born that nothing seemed to happen to them at all, but they performed just fine, when he started to dyson me latched on.

stella1w Mon 27-Jun-11 22:37:17

thanks for those responses. I had a very easy pg, labour and bfeeding the first time around..

it is started to dawn on me that every pregnancy is different, but obviously I keep comparing my second to my first (esp as the first went so well..).

Good to hear that it's possible to have signs the first time around and not the second.. Just wish he would hurry up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now