Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone else suffered cord prolapse

(7 Posts)
KaraJS Mon 27-Jun-11 22:06:12

have history of waters breaking early which last time led to cord prolapse, I'm worried this could happen again

BagofHolly Mon 27-Jun-11 22:37:23

What does your consultant say? How are you being managed?

KaraJS Mon 27-Jun-11 23:02:14

Only 5 weeks yet so haven't seen him but waters broke early with last two children and I was left to go into labour naturally, even tho last time they new I'd be having a csection due to the baby being transverse

KaraJS Mon 27-Jun-11 23:03:54

He said both times they don't like to induce until 37 weeks unless there is infection

buttonmoon78 Tue 28-Jun-11 07:47:15

Do you have another unit locally in case you don't feel confident booking at this one?

The stats on cord prolaspe with a transverse baby are really high - about 20%+ I believe so if your waters go it's an emcs "promptly" according to NICE guidelines.

I've been doing a lot of research recently as I currently have an oblique/transverse baby (#4). I also had a transverse baby for #2 and that hospital were a lot more blase. This time I've been told onset of labour = dash to hospital if dh is at home, if not then call an ambulance. If my waters go, blue light it immediately.

If it's already happened once, I'd be wanting to be treated with a lot more caution. With dc3 I was 2cm dilated at 38wks without even knowing so the chances of prolapse if my waters go is reasonably high.

KaraJS Tue 28-Jun-11 08:56:14

I think my problem was how early he was, if I was further along they would have just done the csection , if the same situation happens again I think I'm going to gave to be more pushy, I know that this one will be a csection because they cut further across and higher into the womb to get him out,

KaraJS Tue 28-Jun-11 08:58:22

To get the last baby out that is! So my chances of the scar rupturing are to high for a natural birth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now