Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling hot hot hot!!

(18 Posts)
PrincessJenga Mon 27-Jun-11 16:55:56

How's everyone coping in this heat?

I'm managing okay at keeping myself cool (lots of cold drinks, cool showers & wandering round house in my undies!) but baby is seriously restless. I hadn't really expected him to react to it so much but he's been kicking like mad all day. Ouch!

How are you & your bumps managing?

babyonbord Mon 27-Jun-11 16:59:04

im using my sons wheelbarrow to soak my feet in being pregnant in summer sucks

babyonbord Mon 27-Jun-11 16:59:57

plus i think i may actually be going into labour im getting contractions not quite painful enough to warrant a hospital trip but painful enough to piss me off lol

PinkM0nkey Mon 27-Jun-11 17:01:00

its insanely hot and sticky not a fun day at all sad not sure how will cope in two weeks when i'm off to a music festival in Spain Hot Hot Hot!!!!

PinkM0nkey Mon 27-Jun-11 17:01:51

and itching is SO un fun!!!

PrincessJenga Mon 27-Jun-11 17:04:55

Ooh, babyonbord, live labour feed! Excellent. Keep us informed!

PinkMonkey, Bennicassim? If so, sooooo jealous. Are you camping tho? I struggled with that when I wasn't preggers!

PinkM0nkey Mon 27-Jun-11 17:13:06

Yes Beni so very excited, absolutely no not camping I couldn't cope with that. I'll be 16 weeks when we go grin wait for it with my ex the babies daddy it's going to be so hot and odd going with him.

PrincessJenga Mon 27-Jun-11 18:40:06

I'm not sure what to think now! Jealous that you're going to Beni; not so jealous of the ex situation! Have a brilliant time grin

Have you been before? The year I went it was BAKING! People were sleeping wherever they could find shade (under trees, on roundabouts, under a stage on the beach) because tents were just unbearable. I highly recommend the outdoor showers though!

yummymango Mon 27-Jun-11 18:47:47

I am not coping very well at all, I am so hot! My flat is like a sauna, I didn't think it would affect me this way as I normally love hot weather. Baby has been active all day as well - not sure if its just because I haven't done much so have noticed it though. Yuk I can't wait for it to go back to normal!

candr Mon 27-Jun-11 19:13:01

My classroom is boiling and full of tired, sweaty children. Am melting myself and as much as I love hot weather am going t struggle over next 13 weeks, am also having problem finding classroom suitable clothes as die of heat in sleeves.

PrincessJenga Mon 27-Jun-11 19:32:08

Snap candr. I'd factored in my own temperature as I prepared for work (linen trousers, modest but short sleeved top, bottle of iced water) but totally failed to consider the children! They were sooooo whiney today. I feel for them, but have to confess that I did tell them some tale about pregnant women being a degree hotter than other people (sure I've read this somewhere) and tell them to get over themselves!

Lynzilove Mon 27-Jun-11 19:34:23

Haven't been able to a thing today. It's like a greenhouse here! Also it's make my feet swell more than normal so have been stuck with them up most of the day!

Yukana Mon 27-Jun-11 19:54:18

33+5 weeks pregnant here, and very much feeling the heat. I have a pedestal fan, water spray and a handheld fan that does wonders, but without them I'd be a burnt crisp! Worried how baby is coping with all the heat, but she's still kicking lots.

Doesn't help that my feet swell up like balloons if I'm on my feet for more than 15-30 minutes.

PrincessJenga Mon 27-Jun-11 19:55:50

Due 27th July Yukana? Me too. Not long now!

Yukana Mon 27-Jun-11 20:22:42

10th of August actually! But I expect she'll arrive a little early. smile The home stretch, very excited for it all to be over and have LO to show for it. grin

davidtennantsmistress Mon 27-Jun-11 20:24:59

yes me 2 am 32, had today off work & the doctor is wanting to sign me off with exhaustion.

have had 4 ice lollies about 2ltr of squash with ice cubes, and finally i'm just in a pleasant condition. shan't be thou when in bed later on. sad we really need a thunder storm here.

PrincessJenga Mon 27-Jun-11 21:22:00

Sorry Yukana, I read that wrong. I'm 35+5 so thought we were the same. Um, baby brain?!

Rain's just starting here Mistress so I hope it gets to you soon grin

CBear6 Mon 27-Jun-11 21:54:01

29 weeks here and melting! DS was an August baby and I swore to DH that there would be no more summer pregnancies, I've been proven wrong on that one. DD is being very active, she keeps doing this stretching thing where the top and bottom of my bum bulge out at the same time, I'm sure she's trying to stand up in there.

We were at the park yesterday and I followed the MW advice to drink lots. I backfired on me when I found that both park loos (the nice modern ones and the scabby Victorian ones) were all out of order. Scrambling to find a loo in the heat is not fun so have stuck closer to home today.

There was a thunderstorm this afternoon and it's cooled down a little bit but not loads, I'll be taking my cold water bottle to bed again tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now