Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

where's my period if i'm not pregnant!

(4 Posts)
JosieMummy Mon 27-Jun-11 15:51:08

hi - sorry, i know we're not doctors (in general) - but don't know who else to ask!
So - last few days of may/beginning of june, i was on and off my pill as we were on hols and so routine was all over the place. last couple of days of the week's holiday I didn't take it at all and on fri 3rd june, me and DH had unprotected sex. (sorry for the details!). Anyway - i'd have expected to come on by now - as I'd pretty much had a whole month of pills - so ordinarily should have bled by now.

Anyway I haven't started taking pill again as I'm thinking "what if i AM preggers... don't want to harm baby".
By the way, over the last 2 weeks or so i've taken about 4 tests - and all of them negative - so, if i'm not pregnant, where's my period??

It's been 3 weeks and 3 days since the unprotected incident... so is it too early for a test? I've read that in theory it's not too early for a test on some forums. By the way - also no symptoms of pregnancy as per my last two babies (no sore boobies, no sickness, no particular hunger) - only thing is I have been very windypops... but then that could just be me! lol!

Any ideas??? Thanks MNers!!

MotherPanda Mon 27-Jun-11 15:53:40

Could still be too early for a test, normal ones are usually accurate from 4-6 weeks. You can buy more expensive ones that will do earlier though.

I think 3 weeks would be far too early to notice any symptons of pregnancy, they usually start to appear around 4-6 weeks too.

Give it some time? It could be just that coming off the pill has messed your hormones round a little bit?

Hope thats useful smile

JosieMummy Mon 27-Jun-11 16:00:38

thanks... i think I just need someone to re-iterate the facts to me.

In a way, i've sort of been thinking about it since period hasn't arrived, and i'm somewhat getting excited about the idea of a 3rd, so i'm just keen to know if i am or not...

if i'm not - that's fine - but I just don't know how long to wait before thinking "ok, i'm not - i'll go back on the pill then".

i know what you mean about coming off the pill and how it could have messed up the system - however - there weren't many days left of that pill pack anyway - so how did my body know i was coming off the pill - it could have just been the normal week's break - and if so - why didn't I bleed?

Sorry - they're rhetorical q's really - i'm not expecting you to know the answers - i'm just thinking out loud...
Thanks!

PoppysMom Tue 28-Jun-11 04:17:02

Hi Josie,

The pill won't harm your baby if you are pregnant as far as I know.

Try testing again over the weekend.

Keeping fingers crossed for some happy news smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now