Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding for a week!!!

(8 Posts)
Aymie8 Mon 27-Jun-11 15:41:27

Hi Everyone!

I am currently pregnant with my 3rd baby! I already have two beautiful girls who are 6 and 4. I satred spotting last monday so I went for a scan and baby was fine then. The only thing was the told me I was a week behind my dates but it hasn't worried me too much as my cycle isn't always on time. I have sine continued to spot and bleed on and off, not really heavy but more red in colour at times now and have had a few very small clots but only small. Has anyone else had this and baby still turned out to be ok? I have another scan on Friday but I feel so anxious and like there will be no good outcome of this.

Anyone who has been or going through this would be great to talk to x

Littlepic Mon 27-Jun-11 19:06:44

Hi Aymie8,

Didn't want your post to go unanswered. I'm pregnant with my first baby but I've had spotting/bleeding at 5 weeks, 8 weeks and 12 weeks. The initial spotting was only brown but did last for 6 days and the amount went up and down. I've had several scan throughout my pregnancy and all has been fine so far. I'm now 14 +3 weeks and hopeful that the bleeding has now stopped for good.

I think the initial scan sounds positive and I'm glad you have another booked. Try not to stresss out too much although I know this can be hard!! Good luck on Friday xxx

Aymie8 Mon 27-Jun-11 19:42:51

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I am trying not to stress about it, seems ok one minute and not the next. And i think as I have ad a few small clots I am a bit more worried but will just be glad to know. x

Hebrewlass Mon 27-Jun-11 20:06:27

Hi Aymie8.
I hope you are taking it very easy. I started to bleed with DS from 6 wks. It was a very heavy bleed and I was admitted to hospital and told that I was very unlikely to keep our baby. They also told me that due to the extent of the bleeding that they may have to 'empty my womb' due to the risk the amount of blood loss posed to my health. It was our last attempt at ivf for a sibling for our DD. We grieved at being told the pregnancy would not continue and that our DD would never have a sibling. I bled in total constantly for 10 wks with clots the size of walnuts. ( sorry tmi). I made it to my 12 week scan , and many more scans. Our DS is now 3 years and has defied all the medics. He literally clung on for life. Many women bleed all the way through pregnancy, and some times it just can't be explained. Take it very easy and get as much child care as you can so that you can be horizontal as much as you can . X

Aymie8 Tue 28-Jun-11 08:52:28

Hiya, yes am taking it easy although I am finding ti very hard as i am normally a ' Get up and go' person but my husband has taken all this week and last week off! The bleeding is up and down and never through the night. It was only yesterday I had the small clots yet today so far it all seems to have calmed down. Anyway only a few days untill we find out, will let you know x

KaraJS Tue 28-Jun-11 09:07:23

I had really heavy bleeding with my 2nd baby on and off from 8 weeks till 24 , I lost large clotts and had gushes of blood that would soak through my clothes, baby was born naturally at 35 weeks and is now a healthy 8 year old, after he was born I needed surgery to remove the placenta which they said was a really odd shape which could have caused the bleeding

fatfingers Tue 28-Jun-11 09:48:04

I'm also pregnant with dc3 and bled for 3 weeks from week 10. Had a scan and baby was unaffected and I'm now 16 wks so keeping my fingers crossed. During last pg I bled from 16 weeks continuously and heavily for 7 wks but had dc2 very prem (she's fine). Ime rest is the best thing you can do to slow down/stop the bleeding. I have been taking it much easier this time because last time I just tried to carry on despite bleeding and feeling awful and it didn't end well. Take care of yourself and don't worry about getting people to help you.

Littlepic Tue 28-Jun-11 16:27:11

How are you today Aymie8? Has the bleeding stopped/slowed down? Thinking of you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now