Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

eek! lactating at 26weeks???

(6 Posts)
sunface Mon 27-Jun-11 11:54:12

is this normal???? This is my 3rd and i don't remember lactating this early the last couple of times..... Going to have to purchase some breast pads and seems wayyyy too early to be doing that......... anyone else??

NatzCNL Mon 27-Jun-11 11:58:40

Me too! Am 27 weeks and noticed some small milk stains in my bra a few days ago. Also 3rd pregnancy but didn't produce anything at all till the babies arrived last two times.

Ive heard of people lactating throughout pregnancy, so not worried, just slightly freaked out and constantly staring at my boobs in case they decided to go into full milk flow... may start wearing pads, just in case.

sunface Mon 27-Jun-11 13:24:14

phew thanks Natz was worried it was just me! i'm only aware of it when i wake up in the morning and my top has small stains on it! Like you, i'm paranoid and keep glancing down when i'm at my desk in work! how old are your other 2 DC??

Badgerwife Mon 27-Jun-11 13:27:22

Yep, totally normal. I was horrified too, it's my first and that was the last thing I expected to happen. But then I'd never heard of colostrum and the fact that it was bright yellow was a bit of a shock to say the least... grin

I've had to wear breastpads and sleep bras since about 24 weeks.

NatzCNL Mon 27-Jun-11 15:25:51

Lol! Even with 3rd pregnancy there is always something new to experience I guess. My girls are 3 and 4. Had them very close together and feels like Im experiencing pregnancy for the first time again.

Yep, colostrum is very yellow, it seeps out in the bath now which is so weird for me. Ah well, hoping that means I will have a good milk supply for baby when she arrives smile

MrsBakerNeeld Tue 28-Jun-11 17:29:20

Same for me too, like Badgerwife I've been leaking since around 24 weeks. I first noticed after sleeping heavily on one side and noticing some leaking on the bedsheets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now