Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

sciatica?

(3 Posts)
silverangel Mon 27-Jun-11 08:19:11

Ouch, started saturday but wasn't too bad, worse yesterday - hobbling around by the end of the evening and today even worse, haven't been able to go to work, the idea of the commute was not good. I think its sciatica, its a pinching pain that goes from top of my bum down, just on one side. Is there any point going to the gp or anything I can do to relieve it?

Am 26+3, twin pregnancy, and had been getting away quite lightly until now!

kri5ty Mon 27-Jun-11 08:27:08

could it be SPD hun?

I am only 16 weeks, and have a midwife ap wednesday as i get a pinching/burning/stinging sensation just aboive my coccyx and to the side, and if i walk more than 5 minutes it spreads across my lower back. if im sat down too long i can not straighten back up again for around 15 mins, and its very stiff x

Xiaoxiong Mon 27-Jun-11 08:54:26

I've seen quite a few threads with this subject recently and responded here and here.

Quick summary: yes, sounds like sciatica - yoga helps a lot, and your GP can give you advice on what to do - ask for a referral to an osteopath as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now