Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

out of breathe?

(8 Posts)
pregnantmimi Mon 27-Jun-11 02:55:18

Since being pregnant I feel out of breathe even just sitting in the sofa! Its even worse if I walk upstairs up go out. Anyone else had this? I thought I might bring it up with the midwife or doctor next time I see them. Im only 12 stone 7 14 weeks pregnant so its not my weight making me out of breathe.

PoppysMom Mon 27-Jun-11 05:16:04

I am out of breath a lot too. Even when not moving at times, but I'd still bring it up at your next appointment.

mummytime Mon 27-Jun-11 05:19:43

Mention it to your doctor/mid wife, and if its really hard go and see them early. Now if it was just yesterday it could be just the weather.
However for instance it can be a symptom of low iron levels, it was for me in my pregnancies.

acatcalledbob Mon 27-Jun-11 05:21:29

It's pretty normal. Your baby is sitting quite high up and growing so squashing your lungs a little - this can make it difficult to breathe. As your baby grows it will move down and breathing will ease a little - baby will normally come to rest very inconveniently somewhere near your bladder so not much of a compromise!!!

Bring it up at your next mw apt just to check but I remember having this at each pregnancy.

Hormoneoverload Mon 27-Jun-11 05:52:03

With all three pg I have been really breathless and although they did blood test I've never been anaemic-quite the opposite. Get breathless very early on. I know I just have to slow down as I tested fighting through it with pg 1 and fainted very publicly! Do mention it to midwife though just in case you're anaemic.

roz1982 Mon 27-Jun-11 10:37:32

Yes I get out of breath all the time - I'm a teacher so when I'm having to talk to class alot and project voice I get very out of breath and a bit dizzy!

yummymango Mon 27-Jun-11 11:08:46

I get out of breath too, especially during the first trimester for some reason. I am not anaemic either. I read that the increased progesterone can affect the respiratory system. I am now 27 weeks and some days get very out of breath and other days are not so bad. Best to get it checked out though just in case.

pregnantmimi Mon 27-Jun-11 11:15:16

thanks for all your answers ladies!

yummymango thats interesting about the progesterone effecting the respiratory system.

I got checked for anemia in the first trimester a month ago cause felt so tired but I wasnt.

It sounds like a few of you have the same thing will bring it up was just sat here wondering if it was just me seem to have had every symbtom of pregnancy so far!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now