Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what music are you having during your labour?

(8 Posts)
stella1w Mon 27-Jun-11 00:10:31

I can't decide whether having contractions during my favourite albums will ruin them for me for life! Also, can't really think what I would like to have on anyway. I had a look through some old new age CDs I got a while back and they are all awful. And to be honest, can't be bothered to go out and buy whale music..
Saw a video of a homebirth and the woman had elton john on..

MummyTigger Mon 27-Jun-11 00:15:32

I've had DP make up a load of CDs so that depending on my mood I can have whatever music I want. Got some Glee, Metallica, Enya, Classical, ACDC, Eminem, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Slipknot, Megadeath, Coldplay.... basically every genre of music you can possibly want!

Was also thinking of creating a comedy playlist and have stuff in there like Salt N Pepa - Push It. Just to be really funny.

Mondayschild78 Mon 18-Jul-11 20:36:07

Hm, I have been wondering about this too. Would love to hear whether music worked for you during labour and if so what was best and why?

Love the comedy playlist idea and 'Push it' smile

dribbleface Mon 18-Jul-11 20:43:47

i had push it and the final countdown on mine! along with all my favourites. i never unpacked them! not because it was quick just never got round to it! maybe this time round!

Rootatoot Mon 18-Jul-11 21:33:29

I thought about it but I have a feeling I just won't be bothered with it and will find it irritating. I did notice that they have a little cd player come radio thingy in the delivery rooms so might just stick the radio on if I want distraction. Quite fancy listening to my normal programmes whilst doing my thing. smile

Oeisha Mon 18-Jul-11 23:58:46

I'm having the sound of my husband screaming as I bite so far into his hand/punching him in the nutts so he's feeling an nth of the pain I am...
...I'm feeling very positive about the birth of DC1. grin

Rootatoot Tue 19-Jul-11 11:25:36

Oeisha Love it! grin

Boosaphena Tue 19-Jul-11 11:45:45

I had the radio on for my last 2... The last song I heard before I had my son (at home) was ring of fire by johny cash! Still makes me laugh now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now