Talk

Advanced search

Feet sooo big nothing goes on...so now what?

(14 Posts)
Eviepoo Sun 26-Jun-11 22:37:05

so I got some Clarks Velcro sandals a few weeks ago, my feet are so big now that on Friday at work they actually cut into my skin.
I have a red raw cut, it's really sore. Most of weekend I've worn cloth slipper flip flop things you know the kind you use in a spa. I can't really walk in them but they were ok for weekend indoors

I've tried wide fit pumps in a bigger size - no good
Flip flops - won't go over the top of my foot they are that puffy
My aunt even let me try her super wide fit sandals - no go

I've got 5 (considering making it3 or4) weeks left at work what can I wear? It needs to be something can drive in

I'm actually walking funny because my poor feet are so swollen and sore

Eviepoo Sun 26-Jun-11 22:38:08

Ps. I'm drinking 6+ pints of water and trying to elevate my feet when possible...not helping much

pookamoo Sun 26-Jun-11 22:40:04

Hiya,
I've got some Birkenstocks that I can let out on the buckles as my feet get bigger (and man are they feeling bigger in today's heat!)

ZhenXiang Sun 26-Jun-11 22:43:54

You poor thing. Try here or here. Not especially attractive but might do the job. Some slip on slippers have a hard rubber sole that might be suitable.

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Sun 26-Jun-11 23:01:09

I work in healthcare and some of my clients have extremely swollen feet, legs and ankles.

this site sells some shoes which can accomodate the most distended of feet.

idlevice Mon 27-Jun-11 05:51:00

The only shoes that I could wear at the end of my first pregnancy were flip flop style ones by the brand Earth from this website They also have loads of other "healthy footwear" type brands. They are not cheap but have a sale at the mo & free postage/exchange. Also their customer service is amazing - if you asked them directly I'm sure they would offer some suggestions.

buttonmoon78 Mon 27-Jun-11 05:58:17

Birkenstocks unfortunately don't have an adjustable footbed though!

I'm off crocs shopping today grin

Eviepoo Mon 27-Jun-11 09:20:14

You ladies are ace, I knew mumsnet would come to the rescue - great links. I'll order some today and let you other ladies with swollen feet know how I got on with them.

Thanks again

Eviepoo Mon 27-Jun-11 09:21:07

PS buttonmoon I even tried my aunts crocs - after 20 mnutes on I had the crocs pattern indented in the top of my foot!!

HauntedLittleLunatic Mon 27-Jun-11 09:24:31

There are some cross designed for people with diabetes (i bought them by accident) and they are a lot broader than the cross caymen.

GreenTeapot Mon 27-Jun-11 09:29:57

Definitely consider crocs in a bigger size. Lots of sympathy, it is miserable. Have you had your blood pressure checked recently?

pookamoo Mon 27-Jun-11 11:06:09

My crocs were my saviour last time around! Given the heat today as well, the birkies are taking a back seat to my trusty crocs!

sanityawol Mon 27-Jun-11 11:13:41

Hi there - these aren't the most attractive sandals in the world, but they may be worth looking at... the straps that go over your feet are velcro so can be adjusted as you need them to be, and you can extend the heel strap or remove it completely.

I know that they're not ideal for work, but if they're comfortable and you can make them fit then they might be ok for a few weeks. I very rarely get my feet out as I have freaky toes, but do own a pair and they are really comfortable.

You can get them all over the place - I've just picked a local surf shop but you'll find lots of other colours (and maybe better prices) if you google them.

Eviepoo Mon 27-Jun-11 17:51:52

Green teapot yes. BP was done on friday it is fine so lucky swelling is not a sign of anything other than I'm unlucky this time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now