Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Concert and pregnant???

(17 Posts)
foxylady1 Sun 26-Jun-11 20:13:27

Hi all took a test this evening and had a faint positive result so not even 100% sure i am PG (hope so ttc for 6 months and do feel like i did when i fell with #1)

I am due to see take that on Tues and have standing tickets obviously i won't go to the front and jump around like a mad fan as i'd planned but is it safe?

Has anyone had any experiences?

londonmackem Sun 26-Jun-11 20:17:35

I went to Brixton academy at about 7 months and had no probs. It will be fine. the baby is about a cm so well protected. Jumping would even be Ok!

foxylady1 Sun 26-Jun-11 20:21:20

Great to know thankyou. Not sure a faint line is a definite result probably jumping the gun a bit.

figgygal Sun 26-Jun-11 20:21:53

Congratulations I went to see take that on 17th June when was 14 weeks and was fine maybe take it easy where u can go a bit later than otherwise would have and dont try to squish to front where u may overheat and u have access to loos drinks if you need them. Have a fan time it's brill show

PrincessScrumpy Sun 26-Jun-11 20:23:45

I went to Glastonbury and camped at 5w pg with dd - stayed away from caberet tent as tends to be filled with illegal smells and didn't drink but dd1 is now 3.5 so didn't affect her (although she does love music).

PrincessScrumpy Sun 26-Jun-11 20:25:38

Oooh dh just reminded me - we went to T4 on the beach when I was 3 1/2 months pg too. I did make him carry a folding stool so I could sit down as it was quite wet and I already had spd. Was fine though.

IamMrsJones Sun 26-Jun-11 21:20:34

Hi,

I am 32 weeks and went to an 80's concert last night. Had a fab time and a good boogey too. We did have seats though, so I could sit down when I needed to.

I also went to concerts when 5 or 6 weeks with DC1 and all was fine.

Have a fab time

foxylady1 Sun 26-Jun-11 21:21:59

Thanks everyone will be going and having a good dance smile

boba82 Mon 27-Jun-11 08:38:23

I went to TT last week at 28 weeks pregnant. Just stood at back to avoid being bumped. It's fabulous' you'll love it! Plus what a show to be baby's first concert smile

Hebrewlass Mon 27-Jun-11 08:58:04

Sorry to be doctor doom, but there are risks associated with standing for prolonged periods in pregnancy. ( research backs this up) . Also think about gravity ! I was supposed to see TT 2 weeks ago with my very newly pg sister . We decided not to go and we don't regret it for a minute. Personally I don't think it's worth the risk. I have 1 DD , 1 DS following 3 Ivf cycles and 1 Mc.

WidowWadman Mon 27-Jun-11 09:11:35

My midwife was very happy for me to go to see the Levellers at 13 weeks and again at 27. What are these researched backed up risks in early pregnancy?

iknowanoldlady Mon 27-Jun-11 09:18:33

Went to see Take That (standing) on Wednesday and stood for almost four hours at 18 weeks pregnant - am absolutely fine. Just made sure we didn't get at all squashed. Also saw them two years ago when I was about 27 weeks, though had a seat that time. Only to fair to let this bump get to hear Take That too wink
Tis a great concert and you'll love it.

sprinkles77 Mon 27-Jun-11 09:30:46

Go, enjoy yourself. I was horse riding till 7 months. If you feel up to it I'd definitely go. If you feel crap though, that's another matter.

H007 Mon 27-Jun-11 10:27:20

I went to see Take That at 17 weeks, Kings of Leon at 18 weeks and will be seeing Mumford and Sons at 19 weeks (Thursday) all have been fine and had my beans heartbeat listened to last week however I wouldn't have been able to stand for hours on end, so I suppose it's how you deal with it.

Enraha Mon 27-Jun-11 10:31:59

Yep - still going to gigs, theatre and even a couple of summer festivals with my as yet unannounced PG. Follow your body cues - if you feel tired, go and find some quieter or somewhere to have a lean. Drink water. Anything worse, leave early.

foxylady1 Mon 27-Jun-11 21:29:19

Thanks for the advice everyone have had a positive yes from a clearblue indicator and am apparently 3-4 weeks pg grin.
Will be going tomorrow really looking forwards to it not as worried anymore.
Great to hear other experiences.

Feel fine atm a bit off my food and get a little tired but i think there is some seating at villa for standing ppl so will do that every so often.

PotteringAlong Mon 27-Jun-11 21:34:00

I went to see take that when I was 15 weeks - we jyst got there early to get one of the unreserved seats.

Have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now