Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone got any meal ideas they are enjoying during pregnancy?

(24 Posts)
TheOnlyWayIsEnfield Sat 25-Jun-11 21:49:30

I am 11 weeks, and don't really fancy anything, except foods I can't have (like a nice rare rib-eye...)

Enjoying food is not normally a problem for me, but at the moment I just don't fancy anything.

What are you guys eating for dinner and enjoying?

Crossssssshairs Sat 25-Jun-11 21:54:05

"Enjoying food is not normally a problem for me, but at the moment I just don't fancy anything."

Pretty much in the same situation.

Im loving sausage rolls.(normally Im not keen on them)

QueenCee Sun 26-Jun-11 07:50:47

I'm in the same boat too. Same with my first pregnancy... Just went off everything in first tri.
Weirdly crosssssshairs I'm loving a nice hot sausage roll... Haven't eaten them in years but can't get enough of them!
In my last PG I ate alot if McDonalds. I usually don't go near the stuff but it's pretty bland food I find so I could tolerate the idea of eating that.
I've just forced down some scrambled eggs this morning but made me feel so sick... That's something else to cross off the list of foods I can eat!

hermionejgranger Sun 26-Jun-11 07:56:09

i had homemade burgers last night with hamburger relish and lots of pickles...mmm-mmm! KWYM though - i don't fancy anything we have in the house when it comes to tea time...

Crossssssshairs Sun 26-Jun-11 11:37:47

Yeah Im thinking it must be all the fat and salt pushing my bp back up and making me feel less dizzy/sick. I've been craving a Big mac, havent had one yet though.

flamegirl77 Sun 26-Jun-11 17:30:48

I had pasta and cheese a lot in the first trimester. Three times one week. Ooh, could fancy some now.

One day I craved a MacDonalds so much I got the bus to get one, then took it home on the bus (?) and spilled Fanta all over it and ate it anyway. It was lovely.

Hope you get your appetite back soon! Congratulations!

hermionejgranger Mon 27-Jun-11 07:40:51

oooooh pasta and cheese.....is it ok to have that for breakfast?????

Crossssssshairs Mon 27-Jun-11 11:36:57

flamegirl77 grin

allhailtheaubergine Mon 27-Jun-11 11:40:27

Cheap packet of Asian super noodles (not actual Supernoodles but the cheap, authentic version). Make according to instructions (but with extra water) and add snow peas, pac choi, asparagus, baby corn, green chili, fresh ginger and a whisked egg. This is all I want to eat this week.

pantsandpup Mon 27-Jun-11 11:50:29

I've had terrible all day nausea, but it's passing now I'm 14 weeks. I've eaten LOTS of curry though! I find that strong tastes are best for me when I'm like this.

Badgerwife Mon 27-Jun-11 13:40:43

I've been craving carbs throughout, and also McDonalds (it must be the salt content rather than the quality - and the craving passed). So potatoes, cheesy pasta, bread and pastries, still going strong at 36 weeks... blush I know you're supposed to eat healthily but I've just gone with what my body's wanted, you're no worse for it I reckon <she says tucking into a slice of apricot tart>

I was suffering with all day nausea too (rather than actually being sick) and found that sponge cake helped (victoria sponge, lemon, madeleines) because it fills you up without having to eat a lot of it if you don't feel like eating.

Armi Mon 27-Jun-11 13:59:54

I've had a thing for those pouches of microwave pasta. I heat one up, mix it with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and a huge dollop of pesto. Fab.

HarderToKidnap Mon 27-Jun-11 14:41:46

Rare steak is fine! Page 26 of your purple Pregnancy book (althugh the NHS choices website says not to, it is very simplistic info on there and I suspect they have gone fo fewest words possible)

I had a thing for mozarella and tomato paninis. Now I am in to watercress, rocket, avocado and prawns with a little mayo. And toast. Piles and piles of hot buttery toast with a skim of Marmite.

hermionejgranger Mon 27-Jun-11 16:33:21

good call on the toast and marmite, hardertokidnap - good thing with that is that it's ready really quickly - I'm finding that whatever I fancy to eat, by the time I've made it I don't fancy it any more. I think my microwave is going to be working very hard for the next few weeks - lots of "ding" meals seem like a good idea smile

TheOnlyWayIsEnfield Mon 27-Jun-11 20:47:28

Thanks for your ideas. I too am a marmite lover. Pasta o'clock round here as well! I haven't got my purple book yet as my authority has run out (no wonder there's no places at local primary schools...) but marvelous news about the steak... I'm in.

Hoping the nausea will get going asap...

Found out to day that Welsh for microwave is 'popty ping', which is brilliant!

PrincessJenga Mon 27-Jun-11 21:28:06

Crisp sandwiches!

I've also found that having a kitchen full of 'picky things' (hummus, nice salads, feta cheese, baby tomatoes, etc) means I can eat when I want to, rather than actually aiming for 'meals'.

lookout Mon 27-Jun-11 21:46:59

I thought rare steak was definitely out? confused

I had a thing for pork pies in the first trimester. Seriously. I had about 4 mini ones in one week around week 10.

Now I can't get enough king prawns, especially with garlic and lemon butter and fresh spaghetti or else on the BBQ.

hermionejgranger Tue 28-Jun-11 06:42:07

PrincessJenga I had that same thought - the last grocery shop was mostly snackables!
Enfield - "popty ping" how funny is that smile although now I'm wondering how on earth THAT came up in daily conversation!
lookout are prawns ok then? I've been steering clear but if they're OK I'll dip straight back in there!

lookout Tue 28-Jun-11 08:06:41

hermione, just goes to show how confusing the advice is. To my understanding prawns are now fine, although they were not 7 years ago when I had my first. I've been having them at least twice a week so they better bl**dy well be grin

curleywurley2 Tue 28-Jun-11 09:22:31

OMG! I am hooked on jacket spud with cheesy beans,it is better than sex!!!!
Yummmmy Yummmmy! Could eat it morning, noon and night. Even baby likes it i think, because when the cheese comes out the fridge it wriggles around like mad lol! Hope you to find something that you like to eat soon huni x

hermionejgranger Tue 28-Jun-11 18:51:32

Almost as tricky as navigating the conflicting advice is trying to hide the incessant snacking from colleagues who I haven't told yet as I'm only 6+1...

lookout Tue 28-Jun-11 20:35:38

hermione grin good luck with that! At least you're not throwing up as well wink

goodnightmoon Tue 28-Jun-11 20:49:19

hermione - too true, i've been eating two breakfasts, lunch and a couple of snacks every day. my colleagues have always known me as someone into fitness and healthy food so they must think i've really thrown in the towel! (and i've got about 10 additional lbs to show for it, now around 15 weeks pg but no really visible bump yet.)

hermionejgranger Tue 28-Jun-11 21:26:38

lookout not throwing up YET...fingers crossed though, eh? hmm
goodnightmoon fortunately the "hollow legs" thing isn't unheard of - but I've previously managed to concentrate the eating at recognised mealtimes. Add to this the confusion of a hot-desking office and before you know it there's a bag of ryvita minis in every desk drawer!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now