Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Waters breaking.

(8 Posts)
chrissiemoat Sat 25-Jun-11 16:29:44

I am 40 weeks and one, with my first child. I have been having quite bad back ache, and had a few pains in the stomach, hit and miss. But I have just been to the toilet, and when I finished passing urine I felt another leak of liquid. Is this my waters breaking ? Im really not sure. Thank you to anyone who can help.

Wormshuffler Sat 25-Jun-11 17:09:14

I didn't want to leave you unanswered, Idon't know mine were broken for me and they gushed everywhere, this will bump for you until someone more knowledgable comes along......

nicolamumof3 Sat 25-Jun-11 17:17:21

it could be as depending on baby's position they can leak gradually as well as sudden gush. put a pad on and see what happens, good luck!

PrincessScrumpy Sat 25-Jun-11 17:34:11

This is how my waters broke, I weed then sat for 20 minutes thinking "I don't think I'm weeing anymore!" I would wear a pad and see if that gets wet. I did go to hospital even though I didn't have contractions. They were about to send me home and contractions started 3 in 10minutes, thick and fast so I stayed. dd arrived 2 hours 5 minutes after my waters broke.

Hope it's all starting for you, maybe start getting ready... xx

chrissiemoat Sat 25-Jun-11 17:34:32

thank you to both of you smile

Badgerwife Sat 25-Jun-11 17:35:23

I've heard you should check the smell as well - if it doesn't smell like pee, you might want to call the labour ward!

chrissiemoat Sat 25-Jun-11 17:40:07

princessscrumpy when you was on the loo did it feel like a gush or more of a leak ? xxx

PrincessScrumpy Mon 27-Jun-11 21:55:30

Sorry, just seen your message so probably a bit late - it was a constant stream, more than a trickle but less than a gush. I had a pot by the loo for doing samples in so I held that under to collect some to see if it was wee.... yes, I even smelled it and it wasn't wee. MW told me they hadn't broken but was proved wrong when dd was born shortly after and my waters didn't go - no, that would be because they already had (stupid mw).

Hope you're okay x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now