Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Im bleeding... :(

(24 Posts)
babycarmen Sat 25-Jun-11 15:26:56

Im so scared, i just went to the loo and noticed im bleeding.. Im 7+4. My tummy feels achy at the bottom. Is this the start of the end? Im so upset sad

LittleBlueBoat Sat 25-Jun-11 15:27:50

It could be implation bleed.

Was there a lot, was it red or brown?

babycarmen Sat 25-Jun-11 15:30:14

It was bright red and no just a little bit so far, freaked me out though..

LittleBlueBoat Sat 25-Jun-11 15:32:36

Try to relax.

Bleeding does not always mean you will lost the baby.

Can you go to A&E to get checked out by a doctor and they can arrange an early scan to check that the baby is ok?

Crossssssshairs Sat 25-Jun-11 16:01:10

People do often get bleeding in early pregnancy.

As said above call your doctor/MW.

babycarmen Sat 25-Jun-11 16:06:30

I know its common and i probably shouldnt be freaking out but its one of those things that "will never happen to me" and when it does its like.... oh, crap.

Ive got the midwife on monday morning so i think i might just hold tight til then unless i get any more bleeding as it was only a little bit.. :/ Its not like theres anything they can do either way anyway..

Im also booked in for an early scan on wednesday anyway, il be 8+1.

Northernlurker Sat 25-Jun-11 16:08:27

Why are you booked for the earlier scan? Have you got any pain anywhere else?

babycarmen Sat 25-Jun-11 16:11:56

I had a scan at 5+6 because of bad cramping and they could only see the yolk sac so booked me in for this next one. I had problems when pregnant with DD so i would be getting one anyway (my placenta stopped working and she had to be induced early)
No pain just my tummy feels achy, its not sore.

Northernlurker Sat 25-Jun-11 16:19:01

I see. Well this could be nothing or it could be that the pregnancy has ended. I think the best thing to do is stay warm, keep drinking etc. and see what happens. Unless you start losing a lot of blood or develop pain I wouldn't go through the hassle of A&E. Unfortunately if the pregnancy has ended as you say, there is nothing that can be done and going over there, being seen, waiting for scan etc will be very draining for you.

nicolamumof3 Sat 25-Jun-11 17:20:04

i know this is so scary but i had period like crampings in all of my pg's am now on no.4 so the pain could be nothing. All you can do is hold tight, i would ring mw if pain or bleeding worsens tho? fingers crossed for you, these early weeks are tough xx

ToriaPumpkin Sat 25-Jun-11 19:15:13

I had four small bleeds before 12 weeks, and I've had two since. Every one sent me mental and after one I think I actually went into shock (cold sweats, tiredness, nausea, tears). I'm now healthy and doing fine at 22 weeks. Unless things get worse I'd try and just stay as calm as you can at home, A&E on a Saturday night is going to be awful.

DizzyCow63 Sat 25-Jun-11 19:21:32

I had a horrendous bleed at 6 wks, as bad as a period, scan showed a HB but dr said to prepare myself for a miscarriage. Scan at 7.5 wks showed baby still going strong and he is now 9 wks old and asleep on my lap grin.

I know it is truely terrifying, bit it doesn't necessarily mean the worst and I'll pray everything works out for you. Pm me if you want to.

needsanswers Sun 26-Jun-11 03:23:11

i think you should ring midwife and let her know whats going on and how your feeling, she might put your mind at rest and i would hate for you to spend the next few days panicing.. good luck xo

Fifis25StottieCakes Sun 26-Jun-11 03:33:52

i had a MC then my 1st dd was a threatened MC. I would go and get checked straight away. I had to have complete rest with dd1 and she is 9 now.

pregnantmimi Sun 26-Jun-11 19:48:44

call doctors get a scan first thing I had bleeding bright red blood and cramping at 5 weeks 6 days and 11 and 13 im fine you need to get it checked. x

shellmc Sun 26-Jun-11 20:52:01

How are you babycarmen ?? xx

babycarmen Mon 27-Jun-11 11:55:42

Seen the midwife today and she said everything is most likely ok as only a little blood and no pain, got my scan first thing wednesday so will let you all know then, thanks for the support smile

jenniec79 Mon 27-Jun-11 11:58:19

Keeping fingers crossed for you Babycarmen - take it easy over the next few days, and do let us know how the scan goes too.

saoirse86 Mon 27-Jun-11 13:01:33

Well it's good there was only a bit of bleeding and it's stopped now. I know a lot of people say that brown blood is ok but red blood isn't, but that's not always the case. I had loads of heavy red bleeding up until about 14 weeks and I now have a very healthy and happy 9 month old who doesn't seem affected at all by it!

Good luck on wednesday. smile

babycarmen Wed 29-Jun-11 11:05:22

Had my scan today, everything is fine and we seen the heartbeat!! So relieved and happy, thanks everyone for your support! smile

silverangel Wed 29-Jun-11 11:06:02

Great news!

DizzyCow63 Wed 29-Jun-11 11:15:57

Lovely news, delighted for you x

nicolamumof3 Wed 29-Jun-11 11:20:47

fantastic news, how reassuring x

saoirse86 Wed 29-Jun-11 11:22:57

That's wonderful, I'm glad you're ok.xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now