Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Travel System / Buggy

(7 Posts)
missingmargarita Sat 25-Jun-11 09:39:18

Trying to decide which buggy/travel system to get, but don't know where to start so thought I would ask you lovely ladies for advice!

Criteria are as follows:
- Live in the sticks, so not likely to take public transport that much, but drive almost everywhere so needs to fit in my little car and be easy to get in/out.
- Only our first at the moment, but would love to have a little brother or sister for them quite soon after this one (assuming everything goes ok with our first of course)!
- Not too worried about the cost, but don't want to spend a fortune!

What would you recommend?

Newmummytobe79 Sat 25-Jun-11 09:49:20

Hi Missingmargarita smile

I can't comment on the system we've bought for durability as baby isn't here yet but I can tell you about it and why we bought it.

We've gone for the Oyster. It's really light - can lift the pram/buggy/car seat whilst pregnant so that'd be good for you if you plan to have DC2 soon after DC1. Plus I'm only little so needed something I could handle on my own whilst DH is at work.

It looks nice and you can pick a colour pack when you know sex of baby smile

It folds down really easily and I'm guessing it'll fit in the tinyest of car boots

Not sure about the suspension - I've read that it doesn't have much so if you live in the sticks that's something to consider if you'll be taking baby for a walk?

It's not cheap ... but it's not the most expensive in the shop.

Hope this helps!

nannyl Sat 25-Jun-11 09:54:09

Have you looked at phil n teds (I like the new explorer) or britax b dual?

I dont know how small the B dual folds down.

I could get a P&T in the back of my clio by taking off just one wheel. P&T is fab for off road, can be used with 1 car seat, and great as a single or double.

QueenCee Sat 25-Jun-11 10:32:30

We have an iCandy Peach. I love it. It's easy to put up and down and fits in the back of our Golf and Polo... Both pretty small boot space.
I'm PG with DC2 and the Peach converts into a double pram easily.
It's quite light weight but nice and sturdy.
Would definately recommend it.

Sumi76 Sun 26-Jun-11 12:51:08

Have a look at the City Mini. Come highly recommended from my mum friends.

Ilovekittyelise Sun 26-Jun-11 14:34:54

i've gone for the icandy peach as well. plan to walk everywhere (somethings got to shift that bloody weight) and the steering is unbeatable. also fits in back of my polo (probably worth more than the polo LOL). its also stunning!

lucamom Sun 26-Jun-11 14:56:38

We're getting the Mamas and Papas Sola for baby number 3 - my sister has it for her DD already and loves it - she has a Ka and a small porch/house and it fits well, is lightweight and looks good. Pushchair is £275, with car seat and carrycot extra.

With my boys we tried a variety, so speaking from personal experience:

Mothercare Trenton deluxe - too large and heavy (I had a bad back after birth of first so could've just been me)

Loola - loved it, folds small and light, can face both ways

M&P Pliko Pramette - not easy to steer one handed, so no good when trying to hold hands with a toddler.

As I said, these are my experience, so someone else might be able to offer a different view.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now