Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Driving myself nuts! Advice please :(

(9 Posts)
QueenCee Fri 24-Jun-11 21:32:54

I'm only 5+4 and terrified of MC'ing. I had MC in 2009 and then fell PG with my DD who is now 7 months.
Despite a successful PG, I just don't believe I'm lucky enough to have another baby.
I've had MS from very early on and am now throwing up quite violently in the evenings.
I know no body can say whether this will work out fine and I also know every PG is different and that there are woman who have MS and MC and some woman who have successful pregnancies with no symptoms... but generally is MS quite a good sign or does it really have no baring on it at all??
Any advice or experience?

shellmc Fri 24-Jun-11 22:40:21

Ohh bless you. Your bound to be on edge after suffering a MC. I too had one back in 2008 then fell prgnant 3 months later with my DS.
I worried right through my pregnancy, but also suffered terribly form Morning, evening and night sickness!!!!
Everyone told me Sickness in pregnancy was a helathy sign, but then some people have maybe had sickness and MC, so not sure if it has anything to do with it.

All i can suggest is that you take plenty of rest and try not to worry keep drinking plenty to stop you dehydrating if the sickness is real bad.
Also if you have had a prev MC im sure you could reqest an early scan just to make sure everything is ok and put your mind at rest xx

hellymelly Fri 24-Jun-11 22:43:54

Sickness is meant to be a good thing,at least thats what my midwives told me,they were very pleased at how sick I was feeling!

pushmepullyou Fri 24-Jun-11 22:45:34

Generally yes, sickness is a good sign. This is because MC (particularly early ones) tend to be because the empryo is not developing properly. This is often associated with hormone levels not rising as they should. Sickness is a response to high levels of hormones ergo sickness is a reasonable indicator (although not a guarantee) of a healthy pregnancy.

TheWicketKeeperIsDown Fri 24-Jun-11 23:41:49

QueenCee, I think we're dates buddies on the February bus (one of the millions due on the 20th!) and I'm in a similar position as I miscarried in Feb. I'm not having such strong symptoms as you and so I'm really worried. I had dreadful sickness with DD almost the full way through, so quite spooked by the lack of much. Not much useful info for you, but some handholding while I'm sitting on the seat next to you!

QueenCee Sat 25-Jun-11 06:24:55

Thank you all so much for your replies. I hope I can actually let your advice sink in rather than letting my insane worrying get out of control!!

AlpinePony Sat 25-Jun-11 08:04:22

I'm due the day before you and my symptoms just kicked in 2 days ago (nausea, dizziness, cold symptoms). Last pregnancy I was ill the whole way through, ms even the day I had him! I tried to look on the positive and everytime I found myself peeing & puking simultaneously I told myself that it was all good, the baby is growing well.

I am a bit nervous of mc (had an early one before), so I'm 'happy' to feel ill now, but to try and remain positive, I will be (!) Happily and blissfully pregnant until I bleed or a medical tells me otherwise.

banana87 Sat 25-Jun-11 18:47:44

I found that when I mc'd I did not have ms nearly as badly as I did when I had a sticky bean. I do know people who were less fortunate though and had bad morning sickness and mc'd. Try not to worry, I think ms is a great sign.

hermionejgranger Sun 26-Jun-11 08:08:22

Queencee and wicketkeeper i'm on the same bus seat too and worrying because of lack of symptoms...but handholding available FWIW - glad it's not just me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now