Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Still vomiting ++++ and fatigue at 11 weeks!!!

(9 Posts)
Moomin1000 Fri 24-Jun-11 17:37:17

Feeling so down I've had the worse hyperemesis since 6 weeks gestation vomiting 10 x a day and fatigue. I'm 11 weeks today & still vomiting bad.... when will this stop i dont think i can take it much longer :-(

PrincessScrumpy Fri 24-Jun-11 17:43:30

I'm pg with twins and it lasted 16w - I'm now 27w and often forget about the sickness. Someone asked and I said "no I hardly had any" then dh stepped in and said: "appart from projectile vomiting for 16w!" Oh yeah! For a singleton pg it should pass soon. I found I felt better if I got lots of sleep, vitamin B6 is also supposed to help and I wore travel sickness bands. Don't know if they helped as I didn't remove them to compare!

It will get better. Sickness is supposed to be a good sign baby is growing well so at least there's a positive. xx

Flisspaps Fri 24-Jun-11 17:48:08

Normal. When I was pregnant with DD the MW suggested that I had a Mars bar if I felt sick as it can be to do with low blood sugar. Some people aren't sick, some are sick for the full duration, there's no way of knowing when you'll stop throwing up, but I hope for you it's soon smile

scepticalexpat Fri 24-Jun-11 18:10:57

I read somewhere that 80% of people who have morning sickness have it wear off between 14 and 16 weeks. How likely that is for you if you have hyperemesis I don't know. Hoping for the best for you though.

neolara Fri 24-Jun-11 18:17:11

I felt sick up til week 26 with my third. Feel very sorry for you. It's horrible.

PrincessScrumpy Fri 24-Jun-11 18:17:34

Ooooh I had cheesy nibbles (the ones shaped like hearts, diamonds and flowers that my Granny used to get out at Christmas!) so I could slip in one at a time and gently line my tummy. Also, dh bought me a glass of coke each morning - sounds very unhealthy but it really helped. I don't usually drink fizzy very often but I think the sugar and bit of caffiene helped me make it to work each morning - flat coke is what they give babies who are dehydrated.

nannyl Fri 24-Jun-11 18:43:44

I had / have HG too.

For me week 7 - 14 were horrendous. Week 14 - 16 marginally better.

Im now nearly 29 weeks. I started feeling better around 18 weeks, but i am still being sick. Around 22 - 25 weeks i had several 'lots of days in a row' without vomitting, but since 27 weeks ive gone slightly worse again.

Im still on my anti-sick tablets, and am mostly ok. I can now cope with a daily vomit (which for me is normally within an hour of getting up) because i feel well for most of the day normally..... so long as i am on top of sick tablets.

i have gone down from 3 tablets a day to 2 a day. but i cant seem to reduce any lower than that

Hope you feel better soon

nannyl Fri 24-Jun-11 18:46:52

and while its normal for morning sickness to stop around 14 / 16 weeks, HG is a different condition and does not normally magically go like morning sickness does, although for many people it does improve

nitnatnaboo Sun 26-Jun-11 12:25:22

Hi moomin sorry you're suffering horribly. 10ish weeks is the peak time for HG and is horrendous. There is a hyperemesis support thread here if you want to pop over - everyone is very nice, if a bit ill-looking grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now