Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am i pregnant? late, spotting for days but was using condoms?!

(6 Posts)
daniwalkes Thu 23-Jun-11 17:09:39

Hi all, i don't even know if my question belongs hhere but i didn't know where else to start!
I have two boys already (1 & 2) and have been using condoms to prevent another pregnancy too soon!

Curretly 4/5 days late but have had some spotting since Sunday. took a test which was negative and again on monday with the same result. took both in the evening (i know that might have effected it if i am actually pregnant)
I never have spotting, i keep thinking im about to come on and then it stops... litterally just a bit of bloody mucus (sometimes brown, sometimes pink) never enough to warrent a pad (very sorry TMI!!!) will be taking another test tomorrow morning but im pretty much 100% sure that we've never had a condom break so how could i be pregnant???

Anyone else with a similar story that might help explain i would be most grateful!!!x

QueenCee Thu 23-Jun-11 18:29:56

I don't have much faith in contraception since my best friend got PG with a coil fitted. She also has PCOS and rather strangely, as she had a coil fitted, her DP never came inside her!
Another friend of mine is currently PG after taking the morning after pill!
No contraceptive is 100%
and yes... I do know MAP is not a contraceptive!

daniwalkes Thu 23-Jun-11 19:00:01

well i got pregnant with my first two when i was on the pill... hense why i took a different method this time! I thought that condoms where more reliable!!!! Lets hope so as OH is not impressed at the moment!

MoonFaceMamaaaaargh Thu 23-Jun-11 20:27:24

erm, i don't know if you'll like this, but i think you could be pg. You could have implantation bleeding. I had it with this pg. Spotting when the egg implants in the womb lining. Happens about two weeks after conception, so about when af is due for most women.

PoppysMom Fri 24-Jun-11 03:30:53

Let us know how the test goes this morning and good luck (whatever you wish for)

PinkM0nkey Fri 24-Jun-11 11:17:15

My GP told me condoms are only about 95% protecting you and the coil is more effective for preventing pregnancy...... and wahey, i'm pregnant and had been fitted with the coil. As Queenie says not are 100% well other than not haveing sex and none of us want that!!!!

Hope your ok x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now