Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Belly Button Pain....

(8 Posts)
yaimee Thu 23-Jun-11 15:18:43

Hey everyone,
I'm almost 14 weeks pregnant and I'm having funny twinging pains in my belly button, it almost feels as if someone is pulling on my belly button from the inside. Has anyone had anything similar? Should I be worried?

KatyN Thu 23-Jun-11 16:43:33

Hello,

I'm getting this at 20 weeks (on the dot). I've probably had it for the last week. totally understand about it feeling like your belly button is being pulled inwards.
As for if you should be worried.. I'm afraid I've no idea.. I didn't even think about worrying!! I started to feel this as I started to feel him moving about, so I assumed it was connected to that. He's been a bit of a wriggler each time he's had his heartbeat monitored or for both scans. That's why I assumed I'd feel him move at the top and bottom of my bump.

I've just had a little google.. not in pregnacy it seems to mean you have a hernia (thank heavens it's not that).. but in pregnancy there doesn't seem to be any explanation. there were quite a few people who suggested the LO was pulling on his ambilical cord.. but then had it explained that it's attached to HIS belly button not yours!

If you are worried... you could just ring your midwife.. (and if you do could you post the response so I know too!)

katy

KatyN Thu 23-Jun-11 20:57:06

oh bugger..
I left this long enough to hope that someone else would come along and explain.. seems like it's just us then!!!
k wink

Caronline Thu 23-Jun-11 22:25:29

Hello this is totally normal just belly growing - I've had the same. Belly button will probably pop out soon smile my mum (a midwife) assures me.

kampakat Thu 23-Jun-11 22:40:13

This has happened to me through the whole of my pregnancy, it feels like I have a little tarzan inside swinging around like a monkey!
I am due on Monday and my belly button is still well and truly in, well it's kinda flat now, but definately still in and not out grin

Caronline Thu 23-Jun-11 22:55:28

That's good to hear - hate the thought of it popping out! Ha smile

ImBrian Thu 23-Jun-11 22:57:54

Ive got this too as well as ligament stretchy pains which I didnt have with my other 3. My belly button can be quite sore!

PoppysMom Fri 24-Jun-11 02:30:52

I have this too and have had it from roughly 14 weeks (now 18). It coincided with me starting to feel movement.
My belly button is still in, but a lot more shallow, so I assume it will pop out at some point sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now