Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Giving Birth in Hackney Event

(3 Posts)
squiggleywiggler Wed 22-Jun-11 19:17:44

I'm almost afraid to post this as it's kind of advertising. BUT it's advertising something free and useful to people on this board so I'm going to just do it and wait to be struck down by a giant lightening bolt from MN HQ

I'm running an event at Born in Stoke Newington on 3rd July from 6-8pm. It's all about giving birth in Hackney. More details here:
hackneydoula.co.uk/?p=403

There will be (free) wine, coffee and tea and a chance to talk about:
- local maternity services (where are the good rooms, the quiet stairs for induction-stomping, protocol etc)
- Homerton's new homebirth team and service
- local pregnancy/birth/baby resources (good acupuncturist, where to find a cranial osteopath)
- doulas and what we do and how to access us if you are on a low income
- a general Q&A
- chance to meet other pregnant persons in your areas

Please RSVP to me rebecca at hackneydoula.co.uk if you can make it, or by clicking the RSVP button on the link.

Right, off to take cover and await judgement...

PIMSoclock Wed 22-Jun-11 19:18:59

Thought this was going to be about giving birth in a hackney (cab) blush

squiggleywiggler Wed 22-Jun-11 19:28:16

Tee hee - I can include a segment on that if you like grin

(wanders off to scratching head wondering what would be optimum birthing position in a Hackney cab)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now