Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

low blood pressure and palpitations?

(4 Posts)
lightsandshapes Wed 22-Jun-11 19:16:07

hello, at my last check, 21 weeks, my midwife said i had 'beautifully low' bloodpressure (60/100???). I have started having palpitations ans googled on the web and found this can be a symptom of low blood pressure. Has anyone else had this, should I go back to check it out? I am going on a long business trip tomorrow and don't want to faint on the train (though I don't really feel faint at all!)

Any advice appreciated! confused

mummy22gorgeousboys Wed 22-Jun-11 19:40:29

60/100? not 100/60?

Could you get to a Boots for another blood pressure check before you're journey tomorrow maybe? Put your mind at rest?

Mine was 90/50 much of my first pregnancy and had palpitations. Try and take things nice and slowly and try and stay relaxed. Eating little and often also helped me and snacking on things like bananas, milk and ribena, just to ensure sugar levels were good.

And put your feet up as much as possible. But best thing to do is stay relaxed as poss and take things slowly.

Good luck!

lightsandshapes Wed 22-Jun-11 22:12:31

thank you - this is really good advice. I have tried to slop down tonight and eat some fresh fruit and they seem to have subsided... Obviously nice and slow is the way to go! I am particulalry keen on bananas and milk atm too, must be a nutrient in them.
Thanks again,
x

lightsandshapes Wed 22-Jun-11 22:13:12

slop down - I mean slow down, obviously wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now