Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Having a CVS done today and i just keep thinking about my baby

(2 Posts)
halohasslipped Wed 22-Jun-11 08:08:54

This is the second CVS in 14 months. My DS is fine (8 m.o.) but had a 50:50 chance after his NT scan. This baby has 1 in 22. It's so much harder this time as i can visualise a baby. I look at my gorgeous (aren't they all!) son and feel so conflicted. I'm not sure i want the rest of my life to be defined by having a disabled baby so am risking losing a healthy one. Also, our family would be a lovely family to come into. I just feel so utterly selfish but if we have a terrible anomaly scan at 20 weeks i can't go through with a termination then. I need to do this for options but feel so very, very sad.

Wormshuffler Wed 22-Jun-11 08:24:05

Don't beat yourself up about it, you are doing the right thing, the risk of miscarriage really is very low, I know they say one in 100 but I have been extensively researching and have only found 3 cases so far in the world, I am sure there must be more but you see what I mean. And remember the odds of your baby being absolutely fine are stacked highly in your favour 21 to 1!! Best of luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now