Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spotting at 22 weeks

(5 Posts)
lookout Tue 21-Jun-11 20:07:14

Went to my second pregnancy yoga class today and during the session I went to the toilet and noticed a tiny amount of spotting. When I got home I contacted the hospital and they said with a tiny amount there was no need to worry. Should I tell my yoga instructor, and is it ok to carry on with the yoga? Never had any problems like this with my first dc so I'm in strange waters.

lookout Tue 21-Jun-11 21:05:41

Anyone?

Misty9 Tue 21-Jun-11 21:44:42

I would definitely tell your yoga instructor, so they know to keep an eye on you. I had spotting at 19wks and 21wks and all was fine - I have an ectropion cervix (caused by being on pill for years apparently) which is more sensitive to spotting.
I would have thought you'd be fine to continue with yoga - just take it easy and listen to your body smile
PS. I'm doing pregnancy yoga too - I'm 29+1 now

lookout Wed 22-Jun-11 12:00:35

Thanks Misty. I am really enjoying the yoga so I don't want to stop, I will tell my instructor, just so she knows. Only had a tiny bit and nothing since so might just be a one off. Thanks again for your reply

Aloha31 Wed 22-Jun-11 13:29:06

I agree with misty, I had the same and dd absolutely fine. Mention it at your next check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now