Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

5 weeks pg, shooting pains through pelvis

(8 Posts)
mummymccar Tue 21-Jun-11 17:42:26

5 weeks pg, normal up 'til now. Been having mild cramping but nothing like this. Getting really sharp pains through my pelvis. No bleeding though (sorry if TMI) all day I've been dashing to the loo thinking I've wet myself.
Should I be worried?

nickelbabe Tue 21-Jun-11 17:46:13

it sounds normal - i got these too, early on, and was assured that they're just ligaments stretching.
i'm getting them again now at 17 weeks, when things are definitely getting bigger.

with anything, though, if you're not sure, ring your midwife (your doctor should have the non-emergency number)

shellmc Tue 21-Jun-11 17:47:48

Any shooting or sharp pains should be checked!!

nickelbabe Tue 21-Jun-11 17:55:29

(i would like to ask that I did check with my midwife, i didn't self-diagnose - just in case it looked like that from my post - when I said "assured", I meant the midwife assured me - I'm just trying not to worry you)

mummymccar Tue 21-Jun-11 17:56:46

Thank you! Dr is closed now and I don't have the number for midwife but it seems to be getting better now. Dr. Google suggests it could be round ligament pain if it is on the sides (which it is). It now seems to be turning into just regular cramping so hopefully baby is just demanding some more room in there! If I find even a spot of blood I'll go to A&E. Thanks so much for your quick help! I was really scared for a second there!

nickelbabe Tue 21-Jun-11 18:02:49

If they come back, ring her in the morning (or in the night to the triage number)
especially if it's moved upwards.

BoysRusxxx Tue 21-Jun-11 18:12:47

By any chance, are you constipated/ when i was 8 weeks pregnant with ds, i was getting shooting pains kind of up my pelvis. I left work in tears convinced i was having a MC. DP and my mam rushed to the hospital and i met them there just before the midwife called me in i went to the loo and did the biggest poo of my life! the pains instantly vanished blush

mummymccar Tue 21-Jun-11 18:38:58

hehe, oh dear Boysrusxxx! No, the opposite actually, I think it was a combination of that and ligament pains. Going to check with the midwife anyway tomorrow.
Thanks so much again everyone. We aren't telling anyone yet so you guys are my lifeline! Thank you
xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now