Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

MATB1 - when and how is it issued?

(13 Posts)
KatieWatie Tue 21-Jun-11 17:36:15

My HR dept want me to pass it on to them, but I don't have it yet.

Does it come through the post or does the midwife give it to me? I don't have a MW appointment now for over a month, but I am 25wk and according to my work I should have been issued it by now confused

NickNacks Tue 21-Jun-11 17:37:52

Around 26 weeks (deending on appts) and midwife or a doctor can give it to you. Ask if they seem to have forgotten.

CBear6 Tue 21-Jun-11 17:38:38

You generally have to give it to your employer by 25 weeks to claim maternity pay but most are lenient on this by a few weeks. You get it from your midwife or GP, if you can't see your midwife for another month then give your GP a ring and ask the receptionist for it, they'll get the GP to do it and you can just collect it.

VioletV Tue 21-Jun-11 18:35:50

I wasn't given one so I called up my MW and arranged an appointment so I could have it. Got it done and dusted the same day!

allthefires Tue 21-Jun-11 18:38:40

Technically it shouldnt be issued to week 29 but often issued before.

Give your non urgent number a ring.

allthefires Tue 21-Jun-11 18:40:30

Ignore me its 20 wks

See government guidance

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/matb1-guidance.pdf

Ilovekittyelise Tue 21-Jun-11 18:42:09

they can do it any time from 20 weeks but you do normally have to remind. give your midwife a ring, remind her of your due date, and she should be able to send it to you in the post.

allthefires Tue 21-Jun-11 18:42:51

Now even im confused. Guidance says form to be completed not more than 20 weeks prior to expected week of confinement. Specimen MatB1 say not more than 14 weeks prior to expected date of confinement!

stoatie Tue 21-Jun-11 19:20:01

A lot of CMW will give out at 24 week appt - contact your midwife and see if she can issue one for you

Jill72 Wed 22-Jun-11 07:35:35

It is available from 21 weeks - ring your GP surgery - mine had it waiting to pick up from reception - did not need to make appointment with anyone.

apples82 Wed 22-Jun-11 08:31:43

My midwife issued mine at my 20 wk check with her. This is standard she told me, so on your 20 wk app with mw, if she doesn't mention it, then ask for it.

silverangel Wed 22-Jun-11 09:15:10

I called my GP and they issued it - didnt have to have an appt just went and collected it, that was at 21 weeks.

howabout Wed 22-Jun-11 10:04:19

I don't work so didn't think I needed one, but my DH's HR department asked for it for Paternity leave. I got it at my last hospital appointment. They said you have to be at least 20 weeks. My understanding is you can hand it in to your employer as late as straight after the birth but must have formally requested maternity leave by the specified time limit. I think you can also get them from the GP.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: