Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mamms & Pappas

(9 Posts)
BrassicaBabe Tue 21-Jun-11 10:50:16

Has anyone noticed the M&P delivery charges compared to others in the same areana?

John Lewis – free for orders over 30.00
Kiddicare – free for orders over 29.99
Boots – free for orders over £40
Mothercare – free for orders over £50
Debenhams – free for orders over £30
Marks and Spencer - free

I bought nursery furniture from M&P and their delivery charges was £39.95. I've also bought maternity clothes and for that the deliver charge was £4.95.

I bought it to their attention that they were lagging behind their competitors in this area and got a brush off. So I thought I'd share my "research" with you guys.

pfbornot Tue 21-Jun-11 10:52:04

If you search old threads on here, you will see that many of us have been extremely disappointed with M&P and their "customer service". They suck in new parents and very few go back. Overpriced, impractical items, disgraceful customer service.

harassedinherpants Tue 21-Jun-11 12:09:38

M & P are notorious for bad customer service!

I had one of their prams for dd and luckily had no probs, but I did order in-store as wouldn't risk it online. I'm not planning on buying one of their prams this time though, just in case I'm unlucky!!!

jenna13 Tue 21-Jun-11 12:21:33

i'm glad its not just me who thinks the customer service is terrible, i went into the big store they have in leeds and got a lot of abuse from the woman behind the till because i wanted to buy a baby sleeping bag and some baby blankets. i tried explaining that i wanted the blankets for the cot so it didn't look bare and the sleeping bag for the baby but she told that i was not allowed to buy both at once as i would overheat the baby and basically told me i was a bad mother and made me put the sleeping bags back, she had me on the verge of tears and had everyone in what became a very long queue staring at me!I wont be buying anything from there ever again!

BrassicaBabe Tue 21-Jun-11 14:42:28

shock jenna That's appalling.

Right, M&P added to my "will never darken their doors again" list grin.

Really though, 40 quid for delivery... Grr

BettyBum Tue 21-Jun-11 14:59:50

Agree they are appalling. The staff always look so damn unhappy too.

jenna13 Tue 21-Jun-11 15:28:48

it was awful, and she got me so worked up i couldn't even respond to what she was saying and just obediently put back the sleeping bag back, it still makes me cross just thinking about it!

nicolamumof3 Tue 21-Jun-11 15:33:02

some the things they sell are very pretty, but their c/s is shocking totally. Mothercare not much better tbh. JL way to go!

pfbornot Tue 21-Jun-11 17:01:50

Yes, I second JL.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now