Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ok Im gonna post a paranoid post about movements at 35 + 5...

(15 Posts)
inbetweener Tue 21-Jun-11 10:23:09

Yep Im worried about lack of movements. Just lately my babies movements have been so strong and really visble outside my tummy. I can see it dostorting and moving all over the place. I have even noticed a regular pattern, early morning, around 2ish and after my bath from about 10pm he goes crazy. Well last night he didnt...and this morning I have felt very little. I had my 36 weeks MW appt yesterday morning and now have nothing till 41 weeks hmm so im not sure what to do !!
I know I can ring the ward and go and be monitored etc but I dont know if I am being silly.

I think I have felt some small movements on my way to work and a very slight one about an hour ago but the usual ice cold water etc isnt doing anything. I know that movements slow down now but am I being paranoid ?

Ahhh I dont know what I want you to say, has anyone noticed a drastic slow down of movements from around this many weeks I guess ?

harassedinherpants Tue 21-Jun-11 10:24:35

I think you should get it checked out personally. Phone your mw and see what she thinks.

It's much better to be paranoid safe than sorry.

MissTinaTeaspoon Tue 21-Jun-11 10:25:59

Please phone your midwife now. I don't want to frighten you but reduced fetal movements should never be ignored. It's probably nothing but it's better to be safe and the midwife should take you seriously and if she doesn't go straight to your maternity unit.

Good luck x

icravecheese Tue 21-Jun-11 10:32:18

go get it monitored today....midwives will be pleased to see you, & babe will no doubt kick like crazy as soon as they've hitched you up to the CTG machine, but this late on in preg, you really need to be monitored as soon as poss. DON'T for one minute think you are being paranoid / wasting time.

CBear6 Tue 21-Jun-11 10:37:37

Ring the maternity unit and tell them you're going in to be monitored, they're not going to think you're wasting time or being a pest and the MWs would rather see you than you sit at home worrying.

It's likely nothing and he's just having a lazy day, he'll probably start dancing as soon as they start monitoring him but because of that small chance that everything isn't okay you need to go in (not intended to be scary).

worldgonecrazy Tue 21-Jun-11 10:40:48

go and get monitored. You will not be made to feel like you are a time waster, as one MW said when I went in for late monitoring due to reduced movements, "We'd rather have a thousand mums come in unnecessarily than miss the mum that does need us".

Good luck and hopefully it will just be because your baby is running out of room and getting ready to arrive.

icravecheese Tue 21-Jun-11 10:41:11

ps FWIW, I went to be monitored on a weekly basis with DC1 from about 35wks, I got so worried about movements on a regular basis.... the midwives were always lovely, pleased that I had gone up to the hospital for monitoring. I gave birth to a very snoozy, lazy baby boy who is THE BEST SLEEPER EVER now (aged 4yrs!) xx

BarbaraBar Tue 21-Jun-11 10:42:28

Go and get monitored.

You aren't wasting anyone's time.

inbetweener Tue 21-Jun-11 10:43:00

Well I just went to the works loo with my water bottle and sat on it for a while drinking water. I closed my eyes and concerntrated, poked about a bit and got one definite kick. No usual rolling movement of objection though ?
Am at work so thought I would phone the MW's at my desk but as I am due to go on ML tommorrow I have got back and there is a lovely breakfast and cards and gifts here blush I now feel more worried then ever and feel like I cant leave !!

is one kick enough for now ? It was a defenite kick ?

Malvapoeding Tue 21-Jun-11 10:48:31

I would still just ring your MW and get checked- you may be able to pop in to see her so she can listen in to baby. I was madly paranoid at this stage and was monitored weekly at the delivery suite. They will understand how you are feeling and no one will bite!

MissTinaTeaspoon Tue 21-Jun-11 10:49:05

I'm sure if your colleagues are nice enough to get you breakfast they will understand a quick phonecall to your mw smile

thefudgeling Tue 21-Jun-11 10:50:18

I used to worry about this ALL the time. But I think your mind will only be put at rest if you go in and get monitored. But take a book/mag and a drink with you!

p.s. my boy is quite lazy and sleepy too, maybe there's a pattern here!

worldgonecrazy Tue 21-Jun-11 11:02:09

If there is a change in movements go and get checked, that is what I was told. It doesn't matter if your baby is a one kick an hour or a 100 kick an hour baby, it is the difference that is important.

inbetweener Tue 21-Jun-11 11:07:21

Thank you all xx

While opening some lovely pressies and getting a bit teary I have had quite a few big rolling movements grin
I feel a bit daft now but will def ring if I think its not as much as it was.

Agghhhhhhh this is all so silly and worrying isnt it !!!!

owlbooty Tue 21-Jun-11 13:07:54

It's bloody awful isn't it - my baby keeps doing this (am 33+ weeks). One day he's all over the place and the next he's pretty quiet, usually for just long enough that I am literally reaching for the phone to ring the MW.....then he moves again! I've found a sugary coffee gets him going better than the ice cold drink technique.

There is absolutely no pattern to it and even when I went up to the hospital for monitoring they could see loads of movement on the trace but I couldn't feel much at all - I think it's something to do with the anterior placenta muffling it. But they were really nice about it and told me to come back if I was worried again. They

Chin up; we are nearly there! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now