Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Red patches on skin - fungal thing or pregnancy side-effect?

(7 Posts)
StrawberriesAndScream Tue 21-Jun-11 07:48:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sidorek Tue 21-Jun-11 08:25:53

are they circular? if yes, it may be ringwork or any other fungal infection.
Go to GP and ask for prescription cream.

StrawberriesAndScream Tue 21-Jun-11 08:29:51

HighFibreDiet Tue 21-Jun-11 08:33:02

I agree that it's quite likely a fungal infection. I noticed a few ringworm patches earlier on in my pregnancy - but the canesten did clear them up. Hope your GP takes it seriously.

Another idea though is that you might be low in essential fatty acids and the little you do have is going to the baby rather than for you. After having ds1 my skin and hair went really dry - so I read up on it and decided to supplement with fish oils in my next pregnancies, which seems to have helped.

StrawberriesAndScream Tue 21-Jun-11 12:09:50

StrawberriesAndScream Tue 21-Jun-11 19:41:52

roseygardener Wed 22-Jun-11 06:06:08

Hydrocortisone is a steroid - see if you can get hold of an actual anti-fungal cream from your GP. My immune system crashed out a bit due to stress a few years ago and I ended up with everything from athletes foot and planters warts to rash like you're describing across chest to yeast infection.

Collection of proper creams and potions from US pharmacy cleared everything up, but was not pregnant, so could just grab everything & self-medicate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now