Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Those near the end come moan with me!

(861 Posts)
prolificwillybreeder Mon 20-Jun-11 20:13:28

Labour must be close because not only am I absolutely starving, exhausted but unable to sleep let alone well!
But I swear if DP's elbow touches my arm one more time I will throttle him!
I cannot stand anyone near me and nearly everything is driving me mad with misery.
I am also highly emotional.

Come moan with me, please bring warm donuts grin

nicolamumof3 Mon 20-Jun-11 20:14:21

am happy to moan away, but not sure how near the end i am as 'only' 36 weeks so could have another 6 to go yet waaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

prolificwillybreeder Mon 20-Jun-11 20:17:05

Also false labour and the worry of the impending -pain- birth and the guilt as I actually love being pregnant and get bump envy when I'm not. I hate this pre birth bit. Is all just adding to my woes!

prolificwillybreeder Mon 20-Jun-11 20:18:54

Nope you count nicolamumof3! Come bring your tales of woe smile
Anything past 35 weeks you're in!
unless you bring chicken korma and donuts

Frankie000 Mon 20-Jun-11 20:41:06

im 37+6 and soooo fed up so I'll join you for a moan. Lying on sofa with bh at the moment wishing this baby would hurry up and arrive sad

mumblebum Mon 20-Jun-11 20:45:30

37+4 and utterly utterly fed up. Also terrified of impending doom labour having had one very long ordeal ending in cs and one super fast delivery. So don't know if I'm going to end up with another cs or a baby in the car on the way to hospital! Something in between would be nice! Also fed up of people telling me how huge I am and how I can't possibly last another 2 weeks. Feel like they're just cursing me to going overdue now.

How far along are you PWB?

prolificwillybreeder Mon 20-Jun-11 20:46:10

sad know how you feel, I can offer treats and brew I'm afraid.
If I go overdue I honestly don't know what I'll do other than cry!

prolificwillybreeder Mon 20-Jun-11 20:51:12

37 weeks mumblebum. I'm sure I was more patient last time round!
I'm just so fed up and in subsequent pregnancies no one makes you feel special or looks after you, well in my case anyhow! I just feel I could just pop!
I also had a difficult birth so am shitting myself a bit worried about labour this time. Ignorance was certainly bliss here!

mumblebum Mon 20-Jun-11 20:56:14

My 2nd labour couldn't have been more different than my first so I should know as well as anyone not to base expectations on past experience. It's the not knowing when or how it will all happen that drives me mad.

I hope this time is easier for you.

IhateSunday Mon 20-Jun-11 21:01:07

checking in... waiting for my cs on Weds... am 39+3. Having one due to prev cs, and have made the decision as second baby also measuring big, I will have no chance of a VB.

Annoyingly getting frequent BH's (typical), never had them with no 1, which is not helping me affirm that my very difficult decision on fri (on my own I may add as DH was at work) about CS was the right one. Ho hum.

DH is keeping well away.. and being a nob atm anyway. He's decided he's off work now till after baby. I wish he would go back to work.

Sooo agree about the ignorance bit... I am shitting myself round and round in circles!!!!!!!

prolificwillybreeder Mon 20-Jun-11 21:10:47

Hope your CS goes well Ihatesunday, that must of been a difficult decision. My DP is annoying me too. Apparently I am grumpy humph of course I bloody am, you have not been pregnant, you know nothing!
I think he is trying to cheer me up, sadly I'm not feeling it.
You are so right mumblebum it is the not knowing. The mw's and staff were just fab when I went in but a work colleague told me her duster had a bad experience in the same hospital. I mean why even bloody tell me that! Twunt! I know it's all opinion etc but still!

Hope we all have a good birthing experience this time smile

buttonmoon78 Mon 20-Jun-11 21:13:02

Please let me join? I'm not 35wks til Friday but I'm sooo grumpy and fed up that must count for something?

I have spd which I'd successfully kept at bay til recently, swollen fingers so I can't wear my lovely new rings, vulval varicose veins, and more in my legs (both). All my tops are getting too short to cover my bump which is so large that random strangers have assumed I'm having twins.

Also, I'm likely to be induced at 38wks always assuming this awkward baby turns as it's currently a combo of breech and transverse in which case it'd be a section. And 38wks means I only have 3wks and 4 days left.

What do you reckon? Am I fed up enough to be in your gang?

mumblebum Mon 20-Jun-11 21:16:35

My baby was doing the transverse/breech thing up until the day of my 36 week consultant appointment. I watched it shift its bum into place while I was in the car on the way to the hospital. I saw the lump moving across my tummy! I thought I was going to get a nice calm planned cs but no, I have to go for the lottery of a vbac again. Of course if it goes well I'll be really happy not to have the cs recovery but still...

prolificwillybreeder Mon 20-Jun-11 21:20:54

Oh course buttonmoon come on in! You sound in wars, comfy seats to the left and yummy treats to the right!
SPD is just awful sad I was signed off work quite early on with it.
Hopefully your baby will turn for you ASAP. Like mumblebum I saw mine move a few weeks ago and Blimey it made a song and dance about it!

prolificwillybreeder Mon 20-Jun-11 21:21:54

Fingers crossed for a nice easy Vbac mumblebum!

mumblebum Mon 20-Jun-11 21:24:11

Thanks PWB, the last one was great actually, apart from the fear it was going to arrive in the car shock. Could do without that bit!

buttonmoon78 Mon 20-Jun-11 21:27:34

I had ds turned last time which I am adamant I will NOT be doing again. Coupled with the spd last time it was hell! I had morphine which I have not had before or since.

DD2 was also transverse but she turned at 37+6, right before I was due to go in or my pre-section assessment angry

I'm almost hoping for a section this time so I can get my tubes tied. No more baby buttons but I know if I don't I'll be forever broody. Acutally, I'll be forever broody anyway but simply unable to do anything about it! And four is enough. I think my poor body would give up on me.

Thanks for the welcome smile

poppygolucky Tue 21-Jun-11 00:36:02

Can I join in too ladies? 39+1 as of midnight, so know that this will be over soon but restless legs have ensured I haven't slept properly in months so feeling suitably frazzled. Also it's my first and I'm absolutely bricking it at the thought of labour! Someone reassure me I can do it, please!

xiaoqss Tue 21-Jun-11 01:21:49

Message deleted

thisisstupid Tue 21-Jun-11 01:56:30

im the same 37 weeks as of now and just had a show whoppie last time i gave birth 2 days after that so he may be early yet. I can't stand being touched at the moment, all he wants to do is cuddle but i'm so moody and pissed off i hate pregnancy i think i'm worse this time round cos my first was born technically tonight (he would have been born in 2 and a half hours time) and i was hoping this one would be earlier arghhh

thisisstupid Tue 21-Jun-11 01:58:48

but i'm shopping online, retail therapy is wonderful, maybe not when you spend 600 on clothes you won't be able to wear till baby comes tho, i'm hoping by the time my order arrives he will be here fingers crossed

NightLark Tue 21-Jun-11 07:54:55

oh god, can I join in? 40+1 (last baby arrived at 39+0), starving, miserable, grumpy, huge...

Had a curry last night - no contractions, but the only decent night sleep I've had in weeks hmm.

Aaaaarggghhhh

buttonmoon78 Tue 21-Jun-11 08:03:27

Just been over on childbirth. Veryhungrykatypillar ate a whole pineapple on Saturday night and her waters broke at 1.30 Sunday am!

She's home and all done and dusted. Probably a conincidence but worth a try even if it simply passes the time wink

mumblebum Tue 21-Jun-11 08:09:32

I'm not sure I could eat a whole pineapple! I think I'll save that one for when dh is not working 2 hours away just in case it does work.

Got a mw appointment this morning. I'm hoping she tells me baby is engaged.

nicolamumof3 Tue 21-Jun-11 08:42:35

glad i can join, im so fed up with the lack of sleep, i constantly wake on my right hand side, and baby had joined me snuggled on her right so bump was very misshapen in the early hours! Was getting sharp stabbing pains very low down last night not sure what all that was about. Then vigorous kicks in the ribs. I am not sleeping well. And feel sick 24/7 right old moany cow. DH deffo had enough and I have my inlaws staying aaaaarrrrghhhhhhh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now