Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

not entirely sure of dates what happens now?

(3 Posts)
Fernier Mon 20-Jun-11 19:34:01

I have had a positive test the last few days and I think I am very early on maybe 4 and a half weeks based on when I think I got pregnant BUT I am still breastfeeding and havent had regular periods in a few months (last proper one was around feb) so I am not totally sure and I realise that its possible its more than that. What happens when i see the doctor? will he go on the date I think? or will i have to go for a scan to find out (not all that eager to go for a very early scan as experience show they are internal !).

HarrietJones Mon 20-Jun-11 21:34:15

They'll go on the dating scan dates

vtechvoyager Mon 20-Jun-11 21:48:25

When I was pg and not sure how far along I was (same as you, bf meant no periods so v hard to tell) the doc discussed with me the likely dates and based on our best guess he contacted the MW and my first scan was booked.

It turned out I was further on than I thought so glad I had the scan quite quickly or I'd have been quite far on before scan and I'd have been too late for the NT scan I wanted to have.

I didn't get a normal 12 week scan though because the first scan I had was used as my dating scan, they said anything after 8 weeks will count as the dating scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now