Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any new mums to be in the skipton/yorkshire area?

(9 Posts)
jenna13 Mon 20-Jun-11 17:09:09

Hello

I'm due on 13 July and I dont know anyone in this area who has had or is having a baby, i was hoping i might meet some people at my ante-natal classes but that didn't really seem to work. Starting to get a bit worried that i'll be spending the next year of maternity leave on my own, which is a bit daunting.

HappyAbiS Mon 20-Jun-11 20:56:53

Hi
I'm due on the 27th July and live in Skipton.

NoodieRoodie Mon 20-Jun-11 21:00:07

Hi

I'm not due until 23rd October but am in Skipton

Elizabeth32 Mon 20-Jun-11 21:51:36

Jenna13 - Im not far from you, in Leeds. I've recently had my twins and currently on my maternity leave. I too went to ante natal classes hoping to meet a bump buddy, but didnt really get to talk to anyone. So if you ever want to talk babies - i am here! Do you know what you are having? I've had twin girls 5 weeks ago and they are a handful but very lovely.

jenna13 Tue 21-Jun-11 09:39:06

Hello everyone

Nice to know there will be some mum's living locally smile i'm having a girl too. getting scared but excited now and just trying to find ways to make the time go as quickly as possible. if anyone wants to have a chat or meet up for coffee/cake at any point, i'm here.

What've you named your girls Elizabeth? Congratulations btw xxx

grumblinalong Tue 21-Jun-11 11:00:17

Hello - I'm near you. Are you having your baby at Airedale? There are some good mother & baby classes/meet ups at Skipton Children's centre, perhaps you could go there when your baby arrives. I'll be going!

jenna13 Tue 21-Jun-11 12:16:36

hi, yeh hoping to have the baby at airedale, although when i went for the stork walk they said that they often get full and have to close and you could end up anywhere which frightened me quite a bit. When are you due grumblinalong? def hoping to go to some of the stuff they do at the childrens centre, i think they do a coffee morning on mondays and i was thinking i might pop along to one of those sometime soon.

Elizabeth32 Tue 21-Jun-11 22:23:42

Jenna13 - I named my girls Vilia and Aurelia. They are lithuanian traditional names. Vilia is after a river which flows through the capital and Aurelia means a group of stars. Do you have a name in mind for your little girl?

jenna13 Wed 22-Jun-11 08:27:09

there really pretty names, and unusal too so you dont have to worry about other baby's having the same name. were really struggling with names. i dont want to choose anything that is over popular but my dp doesn't seem to like any names that are a bit more unusal. how have you found the first few weeks?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now