Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it too early for Braxton Hicks?

(6 Posts)
NatzCNL Mon 20-Jun-11 14:48:18

I am 26 weeks pregnant with DC3, and never had BH with my previous pregnancies. I feel a lot bigger this time and have been getting contraction types pains every now and then over the past couple of weeks, especially if walking and carrying anything. Is this normal? Should I contact my midwife? I dont think I am in labour as pains are sometimes days apart, but just had a particularly bad experience just now and had to stop walking and lean on the wall....! Am now begining to worry that this could mean an early labour. Seeing my midwife on Thurs but wondering if I should call up before this. What would you do?

TinyDiamond Mon 20-Jun-11 15:00:09

Sounds perfectly normal to me. Mine started at about 23-24 weeks and always came on after climbing alot of stairs/walking quickly etc. Still getting lots now at 32 weeks but less as I walk at a snails pace now

NatzCNL Mon 20-Jun-11 15:28:02

Thanks Tiny, was doing ok with them but after my walk today it scared me slightly. Baby is very active so feel bruised as it is. DP is now in panic mode though - oops! Hope you are enjoying the final weeks smile

mousymouse Mon 20-Jun-11 15:36:30

better ask the midwife.
when I was 24w last time I had a stressfull day at work and my tum started to tighten every ten min or so with a little pain.
mw told me to take magnesium and lie down for half an hour. if there were still frequent tightenings after that to go to hospital for assessment.
b/h in mid pregnancy should be max one per hour and painless.

what I got a lot in both pregnancies was stitches like pain when walking, an elastic bump band helps for that.

Misty9 Mon 20-Jun-11 17:52:02

I'm 29wks and have been having BH for weeks now - once I'd realised what they were after having one during 28wk appt and being told it was a BH (it's my first). I then noticed I was having them pretty frequently, like a few every hour, and some were a bit uncomfortable. Was getting worried, like the OP, but then read BH can be sign of dehydration and since I've been guzzling (and I mean GUZZLING!) water they've really reduced in frequency.
I know I don't drink enough and now trying to get 2litres of water a day - maybe try that? smile

NatzCNL Mon 20-Jun-11 19:41:27

Thanks for the responses! I will dig out my old bump belt and see if that helps. Also I realised I've barely had anything to drink today (3 cups of tea if that), so I will start getting the water down me.

I ended up ringing the midwife but was no answer and 4 hours later I am still waiting for them to call me back. I did state that I was definately not in labour, but hoped I would have heard back by now.

Thanks again everyone - now can somebody please talk to DP.... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now