Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mild cramping/backache in 2nd trimester

(6 Posts)
Mmmmcheese Mon 20-Jun-11 13:56:31

I'm 13 weeks so just in 2nd trimester but I've been having very mild crampy feelings and lower back ache. Not painful at all, just kind of makes me shift in my chair a bit. Should I be worried or can I put it down to the cover-all growing pains?!

Mmmmcheese Mon 20-Jun-11 14:58:21

Bump

NatzCNL Mon 20-Jun-11 15:25:07

Hello, it sounds quite normal to me, uterus is stretching quite a lot now. When are you seeing your midwife next? If you are concerned just give them a quick call and get reassurance. I am 26 weeks and just rang them because of tightenings. They are there to give advice over the phone and will be happy to talk to you x

Mmmmcheese Mon 20-Jun-11 15:50:19

I actually have a scan on Friday so will probably wait until then. Last time I phoned the midwife with pretty bad cramps at 10 weeks and she told me to either go to A&E or go to my GP "who wouldn't be able to do anything anyway". Not very helpful!

NatzCNL Mon 20-Jun-11 19:37:06

Hmm, not the kind of reassuring response you would expect! Is this your first pregnancy? I had a lot moe twinges and pains in my first pregnancy that the others (well, up until now with Braxton Hicks which Ive never had before!). Was it the hospital midwife you spoke to or community midwife? I fing the community midwife much more accomodating (I know they are all part of the same team, but hospital ones are more for imminent labour etc)

If the pain becomes too uncomfortable or if there is any bleeding then a trip to A&E is a good idea, however I remember these pains with DD1 and was due to growing uterus and stretching muscles. Hope they ease off and that Friday gives you more reassurance! Enjoy the scan smile

NatzCNL Mon 20-Jun-11 19:37:36

Sorry - so many spelling mistakes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now