Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Identify patterns in baby kicks

(5 Posts)
Bartimaeus Mon 20-Jun-11 13:30:16

Am curious - does your baby have a pattern in his/her kicks? And if yes, is it the frequency that's the pattern or the place?

Am 25 weeks so early days for kicks, but have noticed that after lunch the baby always kicks up below my ribs on the right-hand side...Not sure if it's the start of a pattern or just a coincidence....

Am loving the kicks though grin - finally a nice "side-effect" to pregnancy! (apart from the end result of course...)

howabout Mon 20-Jun-11 14:07:29

I am 28 weeks. My bump likes to have a good old boogy to any sort of music and usually has to say hello first thing in the morning when everyone is getting up and also when DDs come home from school.

LearningFast Mon 20-Jun-11 14:11:19

I'm 30+4 weeks and the pattern of my baby's movements has been consistent for some weeks now. It goes something like this:

Kicks in the car on the way to work, then quiet all morning
Kicks after lunch
Kicks after evening meal, which go on for most of the evening - so 6.30ish until 11ish, including kicks into DH's back as we go to sleep :0)
Kicks at around 2.30am, which are getting increasingly strong and sometimes painful!

Then back to kicks on way to work, or from around 8am if I am having a lie-in...

In terms of where they occur, most of them are felt in the lower right hand side of my abdomen (so next to my appendix). I'm pretty sure this is because he / she is currently lying in breech position as I can feel the baby's head just under my rib cage.

This is my first baby so I don't know how normal this level of movement is... compared to my friend who had a baby a few months ago, this one seems to be on the more active side. I'm preparing to be having day-time naps whenever necessary for a good few weeks after he / she is born!

KatyN Mon 20-Jun-11 16:29:46

I'm only just starting to feel my baby move but he's been on and off every couple of hours for the last 3 days. What is confusing me though is how much he seems to have moved. this morning it felt like pulling on my belly button.. so I assumed he was pointing downwards.. then mid afternoon he was tickling the right hand side and when I got up just now he was having a good stomp pretty much vertically down.
I appreciate he's only little (19+5) but if he carries on like this he'll make himself sick!

apricotears Mon 20-Jun-11 22:39:47

My bubby is a bit of a nightowl, and is relatively quiet during the morning. He becomes slighty more active in the afternoon, even more so of an evening... but he really pulls out his dancing shoes as soon as I decide to go to bed! That's when the real party starts... every night without fail! Cheeky sod!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now