Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My boobs hurt SO much!

(8 Posts)
babycarmen Mon 20-Jun-11 08:36:57

Please tell me theres something i can do to help? Im only 7 weeks.

roz1982 Mon 20-Jun-11 08:51:21

Hello - Up until about week 11/12 I had really sore, painful breasts and then it slowly got better - I found it was worse at night so found a supportive but comfortable sleep bra. There's really not much you can do to make it stop I don't think but if you're really struggling maybe mention to doc/midwife??

KateeTheBump Mon 20-Jun-11 09:58:28

Your boobs are probably hurting as they are growing under the influence of the pg hormones - you should find that in a few weeks they get better (though nipples may still hurt a bit from time to time), I guess when the placenta takes over. Make sure you wear a well-fitting bra (go to somewhere like bravissimo to get properly fitted) I was wearing the wrong size bra for a few weeks and they didn't support me properly so boobs were swinging around! Wear a soft bra in bed or a vest, see if that helps, and threaten DP/DH with violence if he goes anywhere near them grin

Hope it gets better soon - there is an end in sight smile

roz1982 Mon 20-Jun-11 10:58:54

Yes - I think I actually growled at husband if he even looked at them! They are still quite senstive and a bit of a no-go area but not painful anymore

KatieWatie Mon 20-Jun-11 11:13:35

My pain in this area seemed to last until about week 16 and was just constant, but I didn't have any other issues so I felt quite lucky really. Plus I sort of got used to the pain and it became 'normal'. It does go away though, good luck!

KatyN Mon 20-Jun-11 16:32:08

have you checked out your bra??? mine REALLY hurt at the beginning and I couldn't like on my front (which I think it quite impressive that I can normally at a 32H) but I started finding they were uncomfy during the day and I was desperate to take my bra off at the end of the day.

Since getting some amternity bras (with space to grow) I've been a lot more comfortable. (althought it might also be that I'm further into the pregnancy).

I would not DREAM of letting my DH near them thouhg.. way to tender!!!

babycarmen Mon 20-Jun-11 18:03:41

Im thinking of going to get measured again, im a 32DD usually, but was thinking if there was much point if theyre going to grow more? Dont want to buy bras that will only last a few weeks :S Im def considering maybe a sports bra for bed??

Thanks everyone for your help smile

KateeTheBump Tue 21-Jun-11 08:54:52

Its worth the investment - they will grow again, but if you go to somewhere like Bravissimo (don't go to M&S whatever you do, they were rubbish for me) they will fit you with pregnancy in mind and leave you room to grow! I went in at 12 weeks and the bra they fitted me with then still fits now at 23 weeks (and they have grown quite a lot in the meantime). Underwires may help, so long as they are properly fitted and the wires don't touch the breast tissue. Also bear in mind where the seams are!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now