Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really REALLY swollen lady cavern at 13wks.

(6 Posts)
Awomancalledhorse Mon 20-Jun-11 01:29:57

shock thought the title would get your attention!

DH & I didn't have sex for the (ENTIRE!) 1st trimester, only started again last night, problem is, I can't fit him 'in' me (no matter what position we try).
I don't have a UTI or hayfever/any allergies which may cause swelling down there, and although DH is rather sizeable in the pants deparment I refuse to believe (no matter how much he insists) that he has grown in 3 months!

Anything to be worried about, or am I just swelling because of the womb squatter?

Should I just tell DH my vagina is rebelling against him impregnating me? grin

PoppysMom Mon 20-Jun-11 02:01:13

Oh, interesting you post this. I am 17+5 and I seem to be having trouble too!
I think it must be due to that area becoming engorged with more blood flow maybe?

I shall watch out for other comments too smile

Awomancalledhorse Mon 20-Jun-11 02:16:36

Hi PoppysMom, sorry to hear you've having trouble too.

Dr.Google does mention blood flow to the area, but I can't find anything specific to inside, it's mostly about getting varicose veins/swollen outside (yippee! we have that to look forward to)!

PoppysMom Mon 20-Jun-11 02:51:47

Yes, isn't it just amazing? I assumed that the inside would swell up as well, but I have no idea. All I know is that it's really uncomfortable blush

PenguinArmy Mon 20-Jun-11 04:27:59

not quite the same issue but after sex around this time I was terribly engorged. Only thing that has come close was after I had given birth to DD. We have to use lube now, but that's more down to hormones from when I BF DD. Although I've stopped now it doesn't seem to have come back or maybe it's a swelling issue.

couldn't chat about this at tea with work mates could you grin

at 23 weeks the issue doesn't seem as bad

QueenCee Mon 20-Jun-11 07:14:58

Towards the very end of my last PG I had terrible water retention. Everywhere! Including my fanjo. It was enormous and incredibly swollen. It felt like I'd got a loaf of bread between my legs!!!
Could it possibly be that?
The glamour of pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now