Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

baby kicks?

(4 Posts)
teenagelove2011 Sun 19-Jun-11 16:30:49

when do yu normally feel your baby kick for the first time in your first pregnancy?

Africagirl1 Sun 19-Jun-11 17:09:21

I think anything from 20 to 24 weeks is about average but you can feel flutters and mild movement before

ToriaPumpkin Sun 19-Jun-11 17:13:39

I felt it from about 15 weeks but it was very much fluttering and a kind of soft dragging with the odd nudge rather than the full blown belting kicks that I'm getting at 21 weeks! Don't worry if you can't feel anything until after 20 weeks though, there are all sorts of reasons you might not be able to feel them until later.

mree Sun 19-Jun-11 18:04:23

I'm 16+5 and have had 'bubbles' for a couple of weeks, but yesterday started getting the very strange sensation of being poked in the belly from the inside! I've never felt anything like it before, but it's happened a few times since and always in roughly the same place. Having said that, the 16+5 is entirely based on my dates, my consultant did my 'dating scan' which lasted all of about 20 seconds and no measurements were done, so it may be I'm a little further on, who knows!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now