Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

No morning sickness and general early pregnancy worries

(13 Posts)
skeet29 Sun 19-Jun-11 10:25:00

Hey this is my first post on here so apologies if it doesnt quite follow the guidelines !

I have just found out that i am pregnant approx 6 weeks we think, so far no morning sickness just tiredness, slight occasional cramps and ridiculously sore boobs - oh and a bit of moodiness but thats normal lol

Anyway the no morning sickness thing is starting to freak me out, ive read a few things on the internet (maybe a mistake) that morning sickness is a sign of healthy pregnancy???

Its really making me worry that something is wrong, it seems an age to wait until my dating scan and i am even worried that when i do have the scan there will be nothing there !!

Also weve told our close friends and family about the pregnancy, as we are over the moon about it, but now (again after reading stuff on the internet) i am starting to think that this is a mistake.

I know how ridiculous this all sounds,i am not normally a worrier..... honest !!

melliebobs Sun 19-Jun-11 10:39:50

hiya, i'm not far behind you. 5 weeks and 3 days. no morning sickness over here either and i would gladly keep it that way. I guess it just varies from person to person. I've had some mates that have had it morning day and night and a couple none at all

ToriaPumpkin Sun 19-Jun-11 10:45:11

Only 50% of women will be sick due to morning sickness. A further 25% will suffer from nausea at some stage leaving 25% of women with no symptom of morning sickness at all. I was one of those women. Enjoy it! It sometimes kicks in later smile

As for telling people, it's totally down to you. As a friend pointed out when we waited until 14 weeks to tell some people (late dating scan then holidays) when she had her miscarriage she had to tell a certain number of people anyway so keeping quiet in case something should go wrong isn't necessarily the right way forward either. We told some people at about six weeks, once the news had sunk in, and the rest after the scan.

JenniL1977 Sun 19-Jun-11 10:46:26

Don't worry yourself about the sickness.
Only 60-75% of women get it (estimates vary).
I've had none (my first baby, 32 wks now), my best mate's had none with either of her pregnancies, my mum had none with me or my brother, my stepmum nothing with my other brother. Just think yourself lucky, you do not want to have your head down the toilet for 3 months smile
Welcome to pregnancy worrying, btw smile it doesn't stop!

skeet29 Sun 19-Jun-11 10:50:57

cheers to everyone for replying, it really is appreciated!! i am sure by next week i'll have found something else to stress over lol

shellmc Sun 19-Jun-11 12:39:40

Enjoy it!!! I suffered terribly from morning, evening and night sickness for around 7 months of my pregnancy!! sad
As the others have said not everyone has all pregnancy symptoms.
Congratulations xxx

BrownB Sun 19-Jun-11 13:45:45

My nausea started at exactly about 6+5, so there's plenty of time yet...! wink But at least I'm not puking. <throws gauntlet to the gods of fate... am now 8+5, so fingers crossed> Now I worry when I have a reprieve, and the nausea dies down a little. <boak> There's always something to worry about huh?

<OMG - my trousers are already tight...!!>
<what was that about varicose veins on your fanjo?>

Congratulations. grin

lolajane2009 Sun 19-Jun-11 14:48:06

my morning sickness started at around 8 weeks so there might still be time. It isnt a complete guarentee of a healthy pregnancy either tbh.

nickstermum Sun 19-Jun-11 15:02:42

my nausea didnt kick in until 10 weeks.... and then didnt stop.
IF you dont wat to wait until 12 weeks, get an 8 week scan smile

sarahloula Sun 19-Jun-11 15:31:19

I didn't have morning sickness at all throughout my pregnancy and every scan and check up was normal and healthy so don't worry.

Tangle Sun 19-Jun-11 17:30:58

I'm on my 6th pregnancy, although I sadly don't have 5 living children. The only time I did have nausea during early pregnancy I started to miscarry a few days later. For me, nausea is NOT a sign of a healthy pregnancy!

At what point you share is a very personal decision. Sharing early is not necessarily wrong - especially if the people you've told are ones that will support you if things don't turn out as you hope.

I was offered an early scan due to the previous MCs, but declined. I've heard too many stories from women who've had one, and either the results have been inconclusive (leading to 2 weeks of stress before they go back for a re-scan), or have had an early scan where everything seemed fine but still gone on to receive bad news at 12 weeks. For me, a reassuring early scan would provide very temporary reassurance so we decided to skip it - but was very relieved to have a good 12 week scan recently. Be aware that unless you have previous complications or unusual symptoms in the current pregnancy (bleeding, unusual pains) you are very unlikely to be offered an early scan on the NHS - if you did want to arrange one privately it would be in the region of £50 around here.

Oh - and Congratulations grin

AllTheYoungDoods Sun 19-Jun-11 17:36:51

I think I puked daily from 7 weeks to 14, then a bit green from 14-16, now (touch wood) I mostly seem to be eating!

Tiredness and insanely sore boobs were my early symptoms too. Fear not, you may yet join the porcelain-god-worshipping cult! (but I hope you don't, as it's GRIM!)

Henrythehappyhelicopter Sun 19-Jun-11 17:38:06

I wouldn't worry, you have other symptoms of pregnancy.

I had the same symptoms as you, worryitis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now